DIA CI Poly Timeline

Is it normal to be told they’ll reach back out to you to finish the process after two attempts? It looks as if I “ran out of time” twice. I was not told I passed, failed or nonconclusive. So can I trust the process is still ongoing and I don’t have to stress right now. It’s been a few days since my second attempt. Thanks

DIA does not publish statistics on this. However, based on feedback we’ve been receiving and comments we’ve been seeing online, it appears that multiple sessions are becoming more frequent with agencies such as DIA that use a CI-scope polygraph.

(Multiple sessions have long been the norm at CIA and NSA, both of which administer a full scope or lifestyle polygraph.)

Thank you for the information :+1:

It may be of interest that Dr. Sheila Reed, the DoD researcher who devised the polygraph screening technique used by DoD (including DIA) believed that “the whole security screening program should be shut down.” As a reward for her candor, she was stripped of her security clearance. For more on DoD’s polygraph technique, see my article, “The Lying Game: National Security and the Test for Espionage and Sabotage.”

A few years ago on the late lamented Federal Soup security clearance forums, a couple of people reported that getting a third try with DIA was an exception to the rule. Now this info is several years old so take it for what its worth.

1 Like

Thank you for that info