DIA hiring timeline stall

I received a CJO with DIA for the summer 2023 hiring event. I received the CJO in August 2023. In the email, it stated that the security office would be in contact with me in about 1- 3 months for the next steps. In mid-September, I am contacted to take the drug test for the position.

Since then, I have not heard or been contacted for any of the next steps in the hiring process. Whenever I inquire to the strategic hiring team, I get the same response about how I am “still currently processing through security” and they are waiting for sucessful determination from security.

I am a former DIA employee and my clearence, as well as my CI poly, are all in scope. Does anyone have a similar experience, or is this is normal?

Not sure why their security office has been so horrendous, but I’ve had similar experiences.

Actually ended up scheduling and conducting the poly before the background investigation was initiated that’s how bad the lag time has been. The security office didn’t even reach out until I told my hiring program manager it hadn’t been initiated after a month+, so the hiring team had to call the security team and somehow my background investigator reached out within 24hrs.

My start date was supposed to be this month but I’ve been stuck in adjudication and am being met with the exact same response of “still processing through security”. I’ve been told the security office does not communicate where you are in the process with the hiring staff or managers, their current workload, or timelines. Effectively the hiring team is just as much in the dark as you.

For me I am former employee. My first time, it took me about 2 months to go through processing. This time, I am 5 months plus in and I have not been contacted for anything. I would think that I would not need to go through security again, but I do not know where my case is currently.

It should be in adjudication, but that is only my guess. Also I do not even have a hiring manager, so that is how little contact this agency has had with me

The impression I’ve gotten, although anecdotal, is that there is some sort of major lag in their adjudication process. I think it has to do with adjudication for SCI, not the actual clearance itself which would substantiate why you haven’t cleared despite being in-scope.

For me, HR has been incredibly proactive and helpful in getting information early to offset delays in the security process which tells me this is a systemic issue not a “you” individual issue.

I have been less than impressed with their security office, between not initiating the investigation until prompted, these adjudication delays, and the fact that they sent my NBIS access information to an entirely different person, it seems disjointed to say the least.

From what others that have been posting, it seems like alot of people dealing with this agency are having the same issue. They are stuck somewhere in the process and have abnormally long periods of time before being contacted for the next step.

I worked for them a few years ago and when I was hired by DIA, I only needed a CI poly. I got all security processing done in 1.5 months and I received my EOD in about 2 months after receiving my CJO. This was before COVID. After COVID, it seems like everything just takes way longer than it needs to be. Cases don’t get initiated until months later, applicants getting their security appointments scheduled months later after their CJO. This agency is a mess. By now I should have been cleared to work and already have received my EOD, but I am awaiting 5 months plus going into 6 months now and still nothing.

I had an incredibly similar experience. I entered adjudication some time in August and got placed in the hiring pool last Wednesday…

I had an adjudicator finish my process on the 11th but an ‘IT error’ meant that HR was not notified like they should’ve been. I had to hound them for days before the adjudicator forced the matter through.

We need to have whoever does the clearenceBlog dig into DIA, literally everything I’ve seen across here and Reddit from FY23 to now has been only negative.

Definitely some systemic issues going on.

As others on this blog and reddit have mentioned if the applicants seem to be stuck in the process and a few them start making inquires to either their senator or with their agencies POC, it gets their case moving…sometimes.

Alot of are complaing about the time lag at DIA about how steps in the process drag on for months. From my prespective, it looks like cases just sit in the system until someone from security gets to them. There seems to be no inquiry or accounability when a case hasn’t been touched in months.