DOE Adjudication- Q Clearance-Timeline

What are the factors that can hinder my chances of getting a Q clearance assuming there are no issues with my background investigation? Can the govt deny me a Q clearance if my background investigation is 100% clean (as in no Issues)?

See Timeline below.
Feb 2019 Submitted forms via eQIP
May 2019 Investigator Interview
July 2019 OPM sent my files to Agency.
The first week of Aug 2019 Agency reached out to me asking for citizenship clarification. Sent a response a day later.

What are the factors that can hinder my chances of getting a Q clearance if there are no issues with my background investigation? Can the govt deny me a Q clearance if my background investigation is 100% clean?

Still waiting on my clearance.

As others will tell you, timeframes are up in the air but a clearance in general is not a right, it’s considered a privilege so Uncle Sam can do what he likes when he likes. Depending on your skill set and the need of the agency involved that could move things one way or another. Without knowing your background and speaking in general terms There’s usually a reason when you get a SOR letter.

SOR Letter: I was requested to clarify if I want to be a Citizen of the US only or I want to keep my dual Citizenship.

My response to the govt was the obvious.

Background: Cyber Security/Networking/Project Management/Computer Security. The agency need me to start ASAP.

Question: Is the SOR letter sent after review of your investigated case by the Adjudicator or before review?

Does it mean that once they receive my response and its what they like my access will be authorized?

What are the stages steps that need to be used during adjudication?

SOR normally means your clearance was denied. The SOR is normally your opportunity to rebut the original decision. Your case should be reviewed again to see if the information provided was able to mitigate the SOR for denial.

Yeah . . . I’m a little confused . . . I don’t think that what you have is an SOR. Instead, I suspect that it’s just a request for additional information. This could have come from an investigator, a reviewer or an adjudicator.

An SOR or Statement Of Reasons, is issued when your clearance is denied. It outlines the reasons for the denial and explains your options to appeal the decision. It makes statements. It doesn’t ask questions.

My bad. Maybe I should have asked what SOR means before I responded. It was not SOR that was sent to me.

The Govt sent me a letter asking for clarification about my dual citizenship. They asked because the position requires me to be American Citizen only.

Per the govt, “my access authorization is in process” ( Do not know if this means)

Question: Is the clarification letter sent after review of your investigated case by the Adjudicator or before review?

Does it mean that once they receive my response and its what they like my access will be authorized?

What are the processes/methods that need to be used during adjudication?

What does SOR stand for?

Feb 2019 Submitted forms via eQIP
May 2019 Investigator Interview
July 2019 OPM sent my files to Agency.
The first week of Aug 2019 Agency reached out to me asking for citizenship clarification. Sent a response a day later.

Was cleared 2/18/2020 (Yesterday).

Thanks, and let’s keep the communication going.