Employee performance data - shared

They used to do this regularly on the fed side.

Havent seen it done in a while.

Interesting.

It’s probably legal in some states with poor labor laws. But, I have to believe they are really skirting the edge of legality doing this in some states. So humiliating for those investigators at the very bottom of the list. One of them is hospitalized and battling cancer. A real classless tasteless thing to do someone. Those at the top of the list should definitely be promoted to level 20 since they are apparently conducting 5 ESI’s a day. :laughing: :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Or hit the Integrity radarscope.

1 Like

If that one long time VP is still running the BI program at Peraton then this comes as no surprise. Humiliation is the name of her game.

3 Likes

Yeah my company started doing this too. Or I should say the team I am in does. I don’t mind it because now I know I’m doing same as majority of my team and sometimes better. What I don’t line is the calls “why can’t you get what xxx gets out?” Yet xxx doesn’t care about quality. I should ask to add quality and hours. Then can see where issues lie. Xxx work always comes back to rest of team to correct. But then her calls are praised. She told me last week that our supervisor calls her praising her for the work she gets out. No mention of quality. Then says why can’t I (me) do the same”. Pisses me off as she should not compare!! 2 very different workers when I’m concerned for quality and she cares for numbers. Then I see these graphs and think what!! I’m doing same or better then 11 team members while 2 it’s obvious don’t care about quality. When 11 of us get 200-300 emails done a week and 2 get 600-800 it’s pretty clear to me who is quality minded and who isn’t. FYI the team I am on is for a big account. 4 years ago the team was created because the account almost pulled all their work from us. Which is a bit more then 1/3 of company’s profits. So yeah. Quality should be more important.

1 Like

I keep track of all my orders. The more difficult I may spend more time on too. My sup is trying to make me not keep track. When I get calls asking why a gap I can then tell her why. Then she says I don’t need keep track. I said well obviously I do.

2 Likes

What law is violated when your employer publishes performance metrics? Please cite the exact statue. I’ll wait. While it’s crummy conduct I don’t believe it’s at all illegal. To paraphrase a famous carrier air group commander, you don’t own those performance metrics, the company does. The company can publish away! It’s not health information, nor is it protected any other way of which I am aware.

1 Like

Different states have widely different labor laws and anyone who has relocated from one state to another doing this job knows how different they can be. My personal performance data is indicative of my personal performance, my pay bonus, my competence (perhaps) and I don’t believe it should be shared with coworkers. I fail to see the “business need” for this practice and this practice reminds me of another military phrase “the beatings will stop when the morale improves” :slight_smile: but civilian employer practices cannot be compared to military practices in any way whatsoever.
Don’t we have any labor law experts on here?
https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/tools-and-samples/policies/pages/employee-records-confidentiality.aspx

1 Like

Quality is such a fluctuating thing. It varies from reviewer to reviewer and month to month and phrases to phrases and reading comprehension levels and grammatical skills of all involved. There are lots of ways to skin a cat in this game! Quality is in the eyes of the beholder.

1 Like

Crazy that in a low-paying clerical job such as a contract background investigator that you have to deal with this kind of stuff.

I hope everyone working this kind of job has a good health insurance plan because the long-term deleterious effects from working a job like this will show up years later. It might be in the form of cardiovascular disease or cancer or something else. Pray hard that it doesn’t and in the mean time look for better, less stressful work and with better pay (not hard outside of rural America). And until then be sure to do an hour of hard cardio each day (run 6 miles, do plyometrics, and do light weight work).

Good luck!

2 Likes

The thing is, your wishes or my preferences are irrelevant. Same for your judgment - or mine - as to what is a “business need.” It’s the company’s data - they could put it on a billboard if they wanted to as long as it was truthful. I agree, it’s crappy employer behavior and doesn’t motivate investigators - other than motivate them to find another job!

I am a contract investigator and feel #blessed that no one ever mentions metrics to me. I have my own internal metrics - I need to complete X number of Subject interviews, Y number of persona interviews, etc. to hit the income level I want. But none of that comes from my “business partner.” The company asked me a few years ago if I wanted to go full time direct hire and I said heck no! Having people on my case all day about my numbers sounded terrible.

2 Likes

Yep. The only way to work this business is CI. Working for a DCSA vendor is hell on earth. They squeeze blood from a turnip.

1 Like