Employee performance data - shared

I have a general question that I am hoping ya’all might be able to provide your personal and professional opinions.

Does your work provide emails to your teammates that show each employee’s performance data in a graph format?

This graph shows everyone’s work performance, breaking it down for all to see for each teammates, hours worked, timeliness, efficiency, completed SUs, RZ rate. Lastly the graph shows the percentage of where you are ranked in your team.

Personally I am offended. I feel it publicly shames people and it’s a form of bullying.

What is your opinion?

Sounds like Perspecta, aka Keypoint. Years ago, they would just list everyone’s name with the raw data on a running list.

1 Like

They still do, at least on my team. We usually get at least two emails a week showing first pass quality and important item timeliness for everyone on the team. We get daily emails for production for everyone on the team. Names are included on all of these emails.

It’s neither bullying or shaming. Numbers are numbers. Facts are facts.

I honestly do not care. I’m certainly not one of those FIs that get upset about stats and I certainly do not work past 5pm.

2 Likes

While you’re not wrong it’s also not necessary to broadcast that info to everyone. Imagine if your spouse cheated on you or your car got repo’d because you fell on hard times and someone brought it up on a daily/weekly basis. Facts are facts, right? While stats obviously aren’t on the same level as those issues some people clearly don’t like being reminded of the fact that investigators are nothing but numbers to the higher ups in the contracting world. I feel like end of month numbers with your SID or employee ID are more typical and understandable than weekly stats with names.

1 Like

Don’t they do this with sales people to try to ‘motivate’ them to perform better? And to warn the underperformers that they are falling behind?

If so then it is a bit troubling to see that they are resorting to these sorts of pressure tactics.

1 Like

In my neck of the woods I received two emails from the FTL.

The first is a general “team” performance list. Everyone’s percentages mashed together to form one measurement for each factor…

The second email is sent to the FI with the FIs stats alone. It will include a simple phrase of whatever the FTL is feeling about those stats and nothing more.

Oh BTW, instead of immediately training in-house staff for the newly awarded Excalibur contract, an announcement was sent asking us to speak to our colleagues to see if anyone out there has Excalibur experience - if so, you are in demand to be hired. So how’s that for paying attention to email? Consider my duty to read and pass on completed.

:crazy_face:

1 Like

Well I know it’s not my last vendor, because they’d only release the final stats 2-3 weeks after the end of the month. No month-to-date info.

Starting November I’m keeping track of every item transmitted to see if it matches the numbers from TL at the end of the month. I don’t trust anything this company claims and the fact I haven’t done this in the past shows just how gullible I’ve been. I recently found a glitch in their metrics that was shocking.

2 Likes

And about the excaliber email…many are still on reduced hours so why would they ask for referrals when Investigators who have worked every contract under the sun for years are on reduced hours? Is anyone driving this ship or are we full throttle with nobody at the wheel? Hello anyone there?? Earth to management…come in management.

1 Like

I am beyond disappointment over that. Sure l understand hiring for the experience is helpful but as you mentioned so many are struggling for more hours and to be so callous with flaunting the additional work that’s being held beyond the current staff’s reach is just sad. If they quickly got training going instead of wasting time looking for and processing referrals the contract would be up and running with eagerness.

I’m sticking with the job for now for the gov work, so I keep my focus on that and try to not get lost in the weeds of company bureaucracy.

1 Like

If my employer provided each person with their performance indicators and all coworkers as long as they didn’t identify the names of each coworker tied to each of the other people’s performance statistics, I would be fine with it. However, if everyone sees the names associated with everyone else’s performance statistics, I would find another job. However, that is me, personally. I believe this sort of thing is common in sales positions as well, so not unheard of, I guess. They are probably counting on a sense of competition to positively impact everyone’s effort and performance.

This practice of sending out employee performance data on mass emails to all teammates seems to be more prevalent again. It appears to be anonymous data with employee investigators listed by SID. But there is an easily searchable company database that links names and SIDS. It is an obvious poor leadership/motivation practice, but the legality of it seems questionable. Personally identifiable employee performance data that is tied to compensation and then shared with coworkers seems illegal. It seems so humiliating and divisive. Anyone have any ideas as to the legality of it? Another labor law/violation is not what this company needs. It seems to be a serial issue.

3 Likes

Yes they’re using sids but everyone knows which sid belongs to each person. This tactic is used to push over achievers into trying to be on top and humiliate under achievers or those who struggle into trying harder. Peraton never ceases to amaze. After all the lawsuits they still dont change (this isnt the only thing theyre doing wrong). Managers love it because they are in a make believe productuon contest …probably bonusing. Employees buying into these tactics have mental health issues in my opinion.

3 Likes

My manger puts our names next to our performance data on emails sent out to the whole team.

1 Like

It’s illegal to put your info out for the whole team. Print all those emails and save them. In a few years there will be another class action on that specific topicc and lawyers will ask if you have documentation to help the case. Or if you get fired you can use them to prove illegal practices of the company. Thats how we are forced to live in this business. Just adding if anyone doesnt agree we have to live like this they’re either in management or drinking the koolaid and naively thinks theyre an insider to mgt who is using them like a tool.

2 Likes

And these are the companies DCSA is deciding to partner and contract their business with. Scary.

1 Like

My manger just sent out the daily performance data to the team and used SIDs this time, literally the first time in 3 years she’s been manger. So weird.

1 Like

This is the sort of thing they do at car dealerships. Does this put pressure on salemen… er, investigators to close as many cases as possible? Leading to maybe cutting some corners?

Haven’t we seen this movie before? I guess they have all forgotten about USIS?

My comments are directed against management, not the individual investigators.

1 Like