Financial record

On SF86 for it asks if you have and debts that went into collections in the past 7yrs. I am not certain if I have because i paid all my debts in full a few years ago and had them removed so I cant find anything negative when I pull my credit report. I certainly don’t want to come off as if I left anything off purposely since this part is not a worry of mine. Would investigator be able to see things I removed off my credit report years ago? Or is there a way for me to find things I had removed?

I have a few things on my police record portion from 10+ years that is really my concern. I don’t want to come off has hiding anything financially.

I’d just say dig up whatever information you can including proof that debts were paid off. I’m pretty sure that the credit checks run by federal investigators can dig up stuff we don’t see at the usual credit check web sites. So it might come up during the interview.

1 Like

Whatever it is, they probably already know about it so be honest and accurate. You can say Yes then put your explanation in the comments areas and clarify at your interview. They’re usually more concerned if you seem like you’re hiding something.

1 Like

@sbusquirrel @clearedrob thank you for the insight. I was able to track down one of the records and resubmitted.

1 Like