Fired in the last five years

What agencies wont hire you as a contractor if you were fired in the last five years? Clearance is still good. Ive heard some, like State, wont take you but others like DoD dont care.

I think it depends on the circumstances. If you were fired for some kind of workplace violence or serious criminal activity, that would be a red flag for any agency. If there was some kind of issue with mischarging (like if you were a government contractor) that would be taken very seriously. But if it were for performance, disagreement with the boss, or some other issue along those lines, I don’t think it would necessarily be a show stopper.

1 Like

It’s the latter. Performance and disagreements with a supervisor. The issue is HHS declined my buddy for a contracting job there, apparently they have a policy which requires one year to have passed since a termination. Was just wondering if there were other agencies that had a similar policy.

1 Like

Never heard of that myself… is it an HHS policy or something the contractor dreamed up?

1 Like

HHS policy. Contractor didn’t even know about it.

1 Like