Former Navy Contractor Gets Six Months Jail Time for Lying on Security Clearance Application

Originally published at: https://www.clearancejobsblog.com/former-navy-contractor-gets-six-months-jail-time-for-lying-on-security-clearance-application/

On the Questionnaire for National Security Positions (SF-86) in the section labeled “Penalties for Inaccurate or False Statements” it states: The U.S. Criminal Code (title 18, section 1001) provides that knowingly falsifying or concealing a material fact is a felony which may result in fines and/or up to five (5) years imprisonment. In addition, Federal agencies generally…

what an idiot. hilarious

Well . . . He was unlikely to be cleared if he told the truth so he rolled the dice. However, I suspect that he would NOT have been charged for lying on his SF-86 if he had not compounded the issue by lying to investigators in a separate investigation.

:Lying on his SF-86 was an easily proven additional charge. I have some political comments about the sentence but I will keep them to myself.

2 Likes

Same here…

4 Likes

LOL Ed, I could have fun with this topic, myself: " I have some political comments about the sentence but I will keep them to myself." Boy am I tempted to be political! But, in all seriousness, he did roll the dice, he should have disclosed it and should have been honest, honesty is EXTREMELY important.

1 Like

Good. Those kind of people don’t belong in US government. They need to be reduced back to the fringes of society whence they came.

1 Like

If you liked that “lying on your Sf-86 story.”…this one is great too.

1 Like