Former USIS Background Investigator Denied Clearance Eligibility

Originally published at: https://www.clearancejobsblog.com/former-usis-background-investigator-denied-clearance-eligibility/

Back in 2014, the US Investigations Services LLC (USIS) was the largest provider of personnel security investigations to the U.S. Government. That was until a whistleblower reported they were improperly submitting investigations to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) without first performing a required review of the cases, a practice known inside USIS as “flushing” or…

Good grief. USIS, the gift that keeps on giving.

3 Likes

Clearly NOT a sharp spoon to begin with. Get integrity questioned to point of written termination with stated reasons. Apply for another investigator position…and lie.

She was not cut out for BI work, or position of trust. And though dismissal from first position is bad enough…compounded by untruthfullness. Twice.
She figured all investigators were like her, they arent gonna check. Meanwhile investigator has copy of termination letter.

In this case the crime was bad enough. Two more bouts of lies? Sealed the deal. Its always the cover up.

3 Likes

I’ve written it before on this site, however, being reminded of USIS’s criminal activities prodded me to write it again - All of USIS’s management should have been charged in this matter and none of them should have clearances (including all of the drones that are now in management at other firms doing investigations). The concept of flushing still exists in the relentless push to close cases without any concern for quality work. I know that it has been almost 10 years since the “furlough”, however, it was a nightmare.

6 Likes

And yet, Bill Mixon and Chris Tillery walked unscathed from the carnage they created.

4 Likes

Sharon Rowlands was the leader for that train wreck starting in 2012.

1 Like

Amazing how consequences seem to never exist for white collar criminals and the politically powerful and connected.

Yet FIs write the wrong address one time by mistake and Integrity and Oversight goes nuts and reads them the Riot Act.

It’s almost like our system is rigged against everyday people…

5 Likes