GDIT laying off many employees on BI contract

I would assume it’s a little early for that. When FIS became NBIB I don’t recall the credential switch happening well in advance so I don’t assume it would this time either. I think what I’m most interested in is hearing how other vendors are getting training on a new reporting system, but I haven’t heard a peep about any such thing with GDIT.

1 Like

According to a link someone posted, DCSA is going to continue to use FWS for the next several years.

Gotcha. I know I had just read someone was talking about training on a new system, but none of the people I know across all 3 primes have heard anything about it. I assume what I read may pertain to small test group or training team specifically.

After spending the high end of double digit years working on this contract I still do not know what’s going on. Never seen work this low although I believe DOD is just holding onto work and OPM is not releasing much due to the transition.

1 Like

I am a Fed and have not heard about a new reporting program replacing FWS. I wonder if people are confusing NBIS with FWS.

1 Like

I don’t see why FWS would be replaced anytime soon. It kind of works. I can’t imagine a new system being any better, especially if it’s contracted out to whichever company will do it the cheapest.

On a side note, dealing with FWS is easily one of the biggest headaches of this job. It’s always nice working with a program that freezes regularly and needs to be restarted. Or my favorite is when a report is reopened and sent back to you, only FWS doesn’t display anything on your end and your report is essentially lost, that’s always fun to deal with when it happens.

1 Like

All hands call today to tell us we are off the contract. Supposedly they want to keep some people on through September to tie up all of the loose ends but they are going to be laying tons of people off until finally everybody is gone. It’s been a pleasure, folks.

2 Likes

SCIS is still hiring.

1 Like

It’s official. GDIT is leaving the OPM contract.

It’s awful hearing about all of the RIFs taking place in the industry; I’m sorry and absolutely wish the best for all those impacted! If you love working in the investigations industry and you’re looking for a safe landing spot with a company that (1) truly cares about its people and (2) is steadily growing on a strong foundation, I strongly recommend you take a look at SCIS Investigations. They’re hiring nationwide on multiple new contracts and on the OPM / NBIB contract. SCIS is able to continue growing because they have a very solid relationship with OPM / NBIB on the contract and because they do also have the other contract opportunities.

They’re also hiring for multiple positions in the SCIS Investigations Project Management Office in Herndon, VA and anyone who is cleared, experienced, knows the investigations industry and is local to Herndon is encouraged to apply for the PMO positions.

The exit was GDIT’s idea, not OPM’s.

1 Like

I wouldn’t believe that at all. NBIB threw them off for sure.

1 Like

Yeah I feel that too!

No one believed Duetooversight when that poster said GDIT was going off of the contract, and here we are . . .

Came down to finances.

I was part of the Perspecta layoff. It was nationwide and I was told it was not due to performance, but due to lack of work. The last two months I was there, I was doing a lot of phone TESIs from across the country. My inbox was barely half a page at any given time. The work was definitely stagnant. I was given less than 24 hrs notice. At COB one day was told to be on a conference call the next morning, and then bam.

I applied at SCIS and had a phone interview less than a week later. Was offered the job about five days later. Start training soon. Yes, I have to go through training again even though I’ve done the job already.

It’s interesting that GDIT is off the contract. Before Perspecta, I applied at GDIT and was offered the job. But, after getting credentialed and right before training, I was told there wasn’t enough work (DC area) and the job was no longer available. Perspecta picked-up my credentials and I started working there. So, the writing was on the wall with GDIT a long time ago, I guess. Perspecta, on the other hand, I think they staffed-up way too much, got their backlog done, and then didn’t have the work shortly thereafter.

I think I got lucky finding SCIS so quick. I hope my other brothers and sisters at Perspecta land well!!!

You were let go by Perspecta and now they are hiring again! Or are they just being greedy

They certainly are not hiring BI positions in the DC area. For about a month+ before I left, I was assigned lots of phone TESIs in other states. I see there are a handful of BI positions on their website for CA, PR, and OK. So, hiring again or filling a gap…I don’t know.

Any other experienced investigators waiting to hear anything beyond “send me your resume” from these other contractors? Last post I saw on Linked In advertised they were hiring entry level investigators. Obviously we are not entry level investigators…so infer from that what you will.

1 Like

I had an interview with SCIS and still haven’t heard anything. Followed-up and still haven’t heard anything

I always roll my eyes at some of the vendors who list they are hiring entry-level investigators but expect you to have a current clearance.

1 Like