I liedPublic Trust investigation

Hello,

Please I’m worried and I need advise. Honestly , I lied during my public trust investigation. There was a 3year gap that I couldn’t account for. The investigator discovered and ask me about it but I couldn’t give any reasonable explanation. Now ,I’m waiting for the outcome -adjudication. Any advise on what I should expect ? is it going to be an automatic denial. Every other things is okay like ,I don’t do drugs ,No financial issues , i haven’t been to prison etc.

We need way more info here. Are you talking about employment history? Residential history? Why can’t you remember what you did for three years? What was the lie?

2 Likes

I lied about my employment history. I lied that I worked for my current employer for 7years. But I only worked for 3years. The investigator found the 4years gap. I gave him the name of a company that couldn’t be verified. Now I’m waiting for adjudication. I don’t know what to expect.

Why can’t you tell the truth? Where were you actually working?

2 Likes

Was this intentional or unintentional? If it was intentional, the best thing you can do right now is come clean and be honest about the facts and why you chose to misrepresent them.

Lying is perhapse the quickest way to be denied for any clearance/suitability determination, and dishonest conduct will follow you, not just for your PT determination, but for the rest of your life.

Take responsibility, take ownership, and give them ALL of the facts. No body is free of skeletons in their closet. I just submitted a response to 4 different LOIs for my PT determination. Ive made major mistakes in my life, and I owned up to them. You need to do the same.