If you are denied a Top Secret clearance will you be denied the lower grades?

I currently hold a secret clearance, and was contemplating applying for jobs requiring a SCI/TS. If I were to be denied my TS for any reason, would my secret clearance be revoked?

If the issues are the same as when you were granted the Secret and nothing new has happened then the decision should be the same for a Top Secret. SCI, however, may have some different thresholds that may prevent getting cleared but it should not affect your current clearance of no new adverse information comes to light.

I guess my concern stems from more extensive questioning with your SCI/TS, i.e. different questions asked on the SF86, to include more “have your EVER”. I have an expungement I did not have to include for my secret due to a law protecting my right to disclose; however I fear it would come up for the TS. I did not want my past action to end up causing a revocation of my current clearance.

The questions are the same as the SF-86 is used for all levels of clearance, so if you failed to list something that you should have for the Secret then it may be an issue.

Thank you for answering my question. I feel a bit more at ease now if I do decide to move forward. Have a great day.

marko.hakamaa Official Moderator
August 8 |

The questions are the same as the SF-86 is used for all levels of clearance, so if you failed to list something that you should have for the Secret then it may be an issue. Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
In Reply To

Taz
August 8 |

I guess my concern stems from more extensive questioning with your SCI/TS, i.e. different questions asked on the SF86, to include more “have your EVER”. I have an expungement I did not have to include for my secret due to a law protecting my right to disclose; however I fear it would come up for the… Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond. To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.