Job closed whole crossover is in process

Got cleared last year October TS/SCI with Poly NSA. However, I’m in a crossover process with DIA since DEC still waiting for adjudication. I received an email saying the job is closed. Main while, I have accepted the job offer just waiting on the adjudication. My recruiter confirmed that I’m still in consideration but she will reach out to the hiring manager and it’s has been a week haven’t heard from her. Are they going to stop the crossover if the job is closed. I’m looking to start applying to open jobs with the same recruiter.

Another recruiter also reach out to me that he has openings for secret level with same pay range. Can I work secret level position while having the TS/SCI if they can keep it.

Appreciate your advice.

This used to be very easy to do, as long as the company had TS/SCI contracts. But now there is more scrutiny from government customers given to making sure everyone in access (ie briefed for SCI) really needs it. And its even more difficult if your company is a subcontractor because you’re at the mercy of the prime.