Online Gamer Friends from Europe?

Not sure if I’m supposed to list them in the foreign contacts question, I play video games with them online on a game called League of Legends. Do I have to list them? I don’t know their real names or anything just that I play games with them.

It can’t hurt to note that you play online games with foreign players. Actually listing them is pretty much irrelevant since you don’t have any real names. You don’t owe these people anything and you don’t communicate with them outside of the game. It’s better to get in the open than to casually mention in your interview that you are an online gamer and have the questions come up then.

Do not list unless you have obligation, affection, or are influenced by these individuals.

Prior to my SF86, I worked for a company who employed MANY foreign nationals on H1B visas. I listed the employment but didn’t mention the foreign contacts. My investigator questioned me about having worked there and not mentioning the additional facts. I explained that I didn’t socialize with ANYONE, not even for lunch or work gatherings, it was fine. But, it would have been better had I mentioned it myself.

1 Like

dave019, your definition of foreign contacts does not accurately represent what’s on the questionnaire–it’s up to the Subject to determine if their level of contact with foreign nationals meets the definition that should elicit a positive response. It is (obtained from my PA copy of the SF-86 2010) “Do you have, or have you had, close and/or continuing contact with a foreign national within the last seven (7)years with whom you, or your spouse, or cohabitant are bound by affection, influence, common interests, and/or obligation?” The Subject may feel that (gaming or social media contact, etc…) meets the guideline to list those contacts on the questionnaire, that’s up to them. Obviously, if real names or details for the foreign nationals are not known or obtainable then branching questions won’t be answered (aside from the fact that no further details are known)

If the guy doesn’t know real names, phone numbers, or anything intimate about these people why list? Note the word strong text bound strong text… how does playing an online video game with anyone bind you to them?