People’s Republic of China Contacts Sink Security Clearance Application

I thought China does not recognize dual citizenship, therefore, when you took the oath to become a U.S. citizen, you had automatically renounce the Chinese citizenship, no?

Have you ever used the Chinese passport after you become a citizen? If not, I don’t really think the passport would be a big deal, especially if you tell the security officer you are willing to surrender the passport.

What about possible inheritances overseas? Do your parents have any property in China? If so, what would you do if they pass that to you?

It also depends on what kind of connections your aunts have, and how often your parents talking to them …especially if you are close to your parents.

But seriously, I would say just treat this like it will not happen, keep looking for other opportunity until they give you a firm date to start working. I also read horrible story of people being kicked out of orientation because HR messed up! Imagine that! I am sure you must be a talented person and just keep looking, you have done everything you could possible to be a great candidate for them, it is really out of your hands now.

I talk to myself like this too…:joy: