Perspecta layoffs

Agreed. I see their ads on LinkedIn all the time.

@sideshowbob well another lost for TDY came out 2 days ago and we will see if I still go TDY or stay home. Where were you going?

@JusLook no people were not released due to their salary. Some people you got laid off has been there for a minute. So they let level 1 and up go.

“No people were not released due to their salary.” Can you please restate in plain English?

It never ceases to amaze me how many ROIs I read that appear to be written by someone who is illiterate.

2 Likes

Government is projected to run out of money by early September, so it seems that the case reduction will continue until at least October.

Should be a fun rest of the year

1 Like

SCIS is actually hiring. We’ve been assured no layoffs will happen.

2 Likes

We’ve been assured no layoffs will happen

Yeah…GDIT said the same thing. I’m sure Perspecta probably did too.

2 Likes

We were told no more are expected, but anyone who’s been through a round of layoffs knows how that goes

@Gracie is absolutely right - SCIS is hiring both new and experienced investigators, along with numerous other positions within the SCIS Investigations program (their case review department, human resources, case assignment…).

It’s completely understandable to be doubting companies in the industry since there are multiple vendors saying one thing to their employees and then turning around and doing the complete opposite. But SCIS just acquired some of MSM’s investigations contracts, so they’re definitely growing and they have federal background investigation contracts beyond solely OPM/NBIB. That means they’re able to be giving investigators opportunities to leverage/expand their industry experience working on other contracts (unlike what’s happening at some of the other vendors).

1 Like

Isn’t this slowdown just going to lead to another backlog?

So one company let’s the investigators go. Then another one picks them up. I don’t get it.

2 Likes

Could be the one company is on a contract that’s cutting back while the other one is growing. I also wonder if they are hoping to get more work once all this DSCA-NBIB-NBIS hoopla settles down, then try to call some people back. And @Duetooversight makes an interesting point about the effect that “Continuous Evaluation” will have on all of this but I don’t see that happening anytime soon, not with the current backlog.

2 Likes

I believe CTE will produce more work. The way these people like to hide things. A simple question isn’t going to cut it.

It’s ironic that Vencore, one of the companies that merged into Perspectra, was already experiencing these issues prior to the restructuring ~ 2017 on one of their Cyber Security contracts. I agree that the company has great talent and hope that the organization is learning from their mistakes.

Today I heard this week Perspecta laid off over 1,000 people due to geographical and “quality” concerns. Anyone hear this sad news? My heart goes out to those now in shock of not having a job.

Strong push out there to improve “quality” by reducing RZs a BI gets and shortening RZ fix time. What a JOKE! Like death, RZs happen and will always happen and that’s that. Even with senior BIs. This “quality push” is not based in reality, and will negatively impact a lot of excellent BIs.

Why not instead focus on rewriting eqip to eradicate illogical, not needed, poorly worded and/or silly questions? Try extending ACDs to 3 weeks? Stop including weekends as part of 5-day RZ turnaround period as I don’t work weekends? Stop sending more than one RZ on a case? One and done!

4 Likes

1,000 people laid off really? That seems like a really high number. When did this happen? Are you referring to only hourly F/T employees or did Perspecta rescind the contracts of IC’s also?

None of this surprises me regarding layoffs but that high of a number all at once does surprise me.

I predict many more layoffs will occur from all 4 current NBIB vendors (CACI, Perspecta, SCIS, and GDIT) over the next 1-2 years as DOD takes over the BI process. Buckle up it’s going to be a bumpy ride due to the oversaturation of FI’s hired since USIS went under in 2014 and due to the fact that backlog mitigation is still in place, and with no end in sight. Even the Feds are having to TDY and find work in many geographical areas around the country. What does that tell you? Not enough work to go around for everyone. It’s that simple. The only way this can improve for NBIB and DOD future contract Investigators is for DOD to end the backlog mitigation, go back to what coverage used to be, and to put a halt to continuous evaluation. I hear none of that is going to happen so I expect much if the same that i am hearing in regards to layoffs.

KGS (Perspecta) did over hire though the last few years. I’m not sure what they were thinking.

I haven’t heard about any additional layoffs at Perspecta for this week. Perspecta has not included weekends in the RZ turnaround time for quite a while now, for at least the last year. If you get an RZ on a Friday then it’s still considered to be day 1 on Monday. There’s also a no ACD policy so we don’t really have to worry about an ACD as long as the case doesn’t go over 30 days in the field or if it’s an important item.

1 Like

GDIT equals another round of RIF’s

1 Like

So Perspecta and Gdit laying off who’s next