Perspecta layoffs

GDIT had more layoffs this week?

1 Like

Agrees @buddha724. Several members of my team including my field supervisor and those on TDY were laid off today. Talk about being blindsided

I don’t understand why the constant RIFS. Why not just do it all at one time? Are they rebuilding or getting rid of? They can’t expect people to reasonably stay

Trying to avoid laying people off, but when money runs short, they have to make sure all the big wigs get paid, so they cut workers.

2 Likes

Morale at GDIT from this point forward will be non-existent. The big wigs really miscalculated and did not act in good faith yesterday at all with the random RIF. A total renege.

3 Likes

I’m not so sure the ISN is was GDIT’s fault. They are just skating by as well. Do you know they let their level 1 investigators get 2 points a day for however long they stay as one. Isn contributed to that mess at GDIT and should have been made to stay on and clean it up. They never held anyone accountable. The investigators who actually did anything left! I heard that they still aren’t getting work. Investigators are still slow. They believed that GDIT was withholding work and they are still doing the same thing. I don’t know what gdit looks like in a couple of months, but it’s safe to say we all just need to do what we have to do for us

I’m sure there’s plenty of blame to go around but who knows? Nobody is telling us anything.

2 Likes

I’ve heard rumors that GDIT will be officially booted off the NBIB/OPM contract in 08/2019. Any validity to this rumor that anyone else is hearing?

Any word on how 1Force is doing? They were a sub of Perspecta.

What would be the reason for the boot?

That makes complete sense @Duetooversight. There’s hardly anyone left at GDIT after yesterday’s little stunt

Who knows? Everyone always says stuff like that. Back when I was with CACI there were always rumors about them losing the contract. I honestly pay 0 attention to rumors like that, especially since the contract has been signed through 2021 I think.

I’m sure with enough lawyering any contract can be broken, but as long there’s a sliver of a chance of making some money I don’t think anyone will give up on it.

1 Like

I’m not sure the meaning of hardly any left because there are still over four hundred investigators from what I know. Definitely rumors will fly! Nothing we can do

1 Like

Yup. Just keep on keeping on.

I think that “hardly any left” is all relative. I think at the peak of the program this time last year there were about 4 times that many so I guess depends on how you feel about that much of a reduction in numbers. I’m sure nearly half of those were dead weight… I know because I trained some of them and did not recommend they graduate from the mentoring phase of NIT but they were pushed on through anyway.

@Thequestionsarenorm From what I have been told the reason for the boot is poor performance on the contract.

That’s what the rumors always said about CACI too, but with how things seem to be going at GDIT it might actually be true so who knows…

Lol! I was at CACI when we were “losing” the contract. We were also going to get bought out by USIS…

Well, whatever it is I’m not going to stick around at GDIT to find out. Completely mismanaged.

2 Likes

About major Perspecta layoff news this week…1) I heard it secondhand from CI who spoke to Perspecta CI who was not part of lay-off of direct employees. FT/PT status not spoken of to CI. Again, news not from company itself but would not be surprised if numbers hold true. 2) Another Perspecta BI I spoke to days later confirmed a big layoff happened but he had no details…

Bottom line: Enjoy the BI or CI grand adventure and be grateful for every good day, as you could be gone tomorrow due to downturn in employer’s business—or even due to some source saying you never talked to him, or some other strange-o reason I have heard resulting in an innocent BI being let go.

1 Like

Anyone in the investigations industry looking for a safe landing spot with a company that (1) cares about its people and (2) is steadily growing on a strong foundation should take a look at SCIS Investigations. They’re hiring nationwide on multiple new contracts and on the OPM/NBIB contract.

1 Like