Dcsa contract renewal

Who all here has an opinion what company of the big 3 will get dropped this year from the DCSA contract ( Caci, Scis or peraton?) I recently started working for one of these companies and I love my job and am worried I will lose it.

why would one of them be dropped, unless it is voluntary?

1 Like

They all seem to be hiring at the moment.

Caci leaked the statement so probably not them even though theyre the most viable choice. Peraton has majorly downsized in regions that typically had 7 Investigators and now have 1. Thats the story Im looking at at. When GDIT went down they were hiring up until the last month it seemed which was so deceiving to new hiresā€¦just wrong. Peraton also has a conflict of interest thats been going on for about 3 years and has been contested by other vendors. My wild guess is Peraton. However saying someone is gettimg dropped may be a disinformation campaign tactic by Caci who started the 1 company is getting dropped storyā€¦ SCIS says 1 company gettimg dropped story is a business tactic rumor or whatever to poach people into jumping off ship and going to Caci.

2 Likes

I know Peraton was having trouble hiring people for awhile and that might be the reason it looked like they were downsizing. I am in the Mid Atlantic region with Peraton and my supervisor last month said they hired 30 new investigators for the region.

It does seem that CACI is the only company spouting this tale of two. CACI and Peraton are both hiring (poaching is preferred, so they donā€™t have to train) - but, it is easy to say ā€œno workā€ - goodbye -when it slows down. I have a hard time believing that the Govt would specifically state the number of vendors be reduced. Who knows???

3 Likes

Thatā€™s really good info, thanks. I guess it doesnā€™t matter if I say the company I work for. Iā€™m with SCIS ( formerly paragon). What is your opinion it could be us? My superiors seem a bit worried but not too worried.

If scis (i dont change names until they keep one for at least 2 yrs) is going down then everyone in mgt is completely delusional because they have been openly addressing the rumors and deny its them.

If anyone gets ā€œdroppedā€ any trained investigators looking for a job will probably be easily hired by the other vendors in order for them to keep up with their enhanced workload. Weā€™ve seen it time and time again. When USIS dissolved just about everyone who lost a job was hired by another vendor.

3 Likes

I will say this as a former SCIS employee who was laid off in the last RIF mid-pandemic. Myself and many other well experienced and tenured (from USIS days) people were told to our faces several times that everything was fine, workload would pick up, and no one else was being laid offā€¦and then we were let go. I myself had a meeting with my supervisor the day before i was laid off and was again assured of my job and given positive feedback. Liars or delusional, who knows?

2 Likes

As a former GDIT BI that was laid off in late 2019 because ā€œwe lost the contractā€ they lied every single conference call. There is no loyalty to any contracting company, good or bad. Get your experience and network and peace out.

3 Likes

The DCSA recompete specifically stated there will be 2 vendors with this new contract. Itā€™s public and you can find the RFP online. As for which two it will be who knows. Peraton has been ranked #1 for over a year so I would assume theyā€™ll be on the contract.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh thatā€™s really bad! Thank you so much for sharing!!! For about one year during the pandemic they cut full timer hours claiming reduced work because of the pandemic then at the same time hired part-timers. I was fuming over that. They tried to hide it but I accidentally found out about it.

1 Like

Thank you very much for concrete info!!! We all need to be ready for whatever will happen.

1 Like

Luckily i was able to get a position with DCSA, but myself and some other co-workers were definitely blind-sighted after 15-20 years in this industry. I will also say we came from review / IA positions. My direct supervisor and manager both assured our team (and me directly) that my job was safe days before the RIF. We also had more tenure at SCIS and Iā€™m assuming higher salary than the newbies they retained when they terminated us old experienced USIS people. Most of us are still salty about it. Just be warned and wary, friends!

3 Likes

Another thingā€¦ Iā€™m actually really shocked to hear there was a RIF because nobody I know was aware of it. More secretsā€¦

I mustā€™ve missed when CACI spilled there will only be two vendors in the next re-compete. All I know is CACI appears to be in shambles. So, so much work and not enough FIā€™s to spread it throughout and amongst. Iā€™m back filled with over a months worth of work, and thatā€™s just me. Itā€™s not feasible for anyone, anywhere in being ā€˜timelyā€™. Theyā€™ve been hiring nationwide but I donā€™t see spots filling (hardly at all, really) as they used to pre-covid. Iā€™m just exhausted with CACI at this point.

2 Likes

I can tell you that CACI recruiters have been trying their hardest to recruit me. From what I read in these forum, CACI does not know how to treat their staff.

4 Likes

I have also heard that Peraton has been #1 with DCSA. Iā€™ve heard CACI is struggling and many of the folks are unhappy whereas others are jumping to CACI for more money. SCIS havenā€™t heard a lot about.

Sounds like we should all head to Peraton.