You heard it here first... and DCSA interviews

The Contract Venders will soon be a thing of the past. Get your affairs in order if you are still hanging on with them.
The new DCSA model will be Federal Investigators and Independent Contract Investigator’s directly under contract with DCSA.

The money hungry Venders are out the door…

Oh yeah, received a call today from DCSA concerning the resume I emailed to them last October and have a virtual interview 12 June.

Best of luck to everyone!

3 Likes

Not that does not sound believable but what is your source?

And really money grubbing vendors is a bit much. It is a low pay high production atmosphere. Just like any other Govt contractors they have to make some money. And relatively speaking probably make less than most other industries.

Inner agency friends. And yes the Vendors make tons of money or they wouldn’t do it. This will be a good thing! The IC Investigator working straight for DCSA with no middle man will make more money for more equality with the Fed Investigator.

Then please explain why so many companies are bailing. I can assure you there is not a lot of profit in this kind of work but the cash flow is very attractive for accounting reasons. But none of these companies make a whole lot of money in this business in terms of actual profit on the bottom line.

1 Like

I find it hard to believe to be honest. When is this supposed to take place? The transition would be overwhelming for the Government. They would have to have program managers who would have to make sure 1099s are sent…I get it with agencies that are using less numbers of contractors but this would be so big. It would have to be very consistent or DCSA gets right back to where they have always been. Behind on cases. Maybe I’m in denial but I have heard it all before.

I’d like to hear from others if this is something that has been heard around the rumor mill?

As I recall in the past, the OPM NBIB announcements on USAJobs were never open for very long so you had to act fast. I suspect DCSA will be the same way since they are bound to get a lot of applications.

1 Like

Yea and outside of that original announcement on DCSA site last year I’m yet to see an announcement on usa jobs for investigators. Congrats to anyone being interviewed!

So much for a job through USA Jobs - they have candidate hiring priorities- if your not a vet, displaced fed or under a special authority there’s no hope.

In the past two weeks I’ve tried - my apps are not forwarded on because there are others who qualify for those groups.

There are other applicants who, by law, must be considered before your application, such as displaced federal employees, certain Veterans, and others entitled to special consideration. Therefore, your application will not be considered at this time.

Blaaaaa

2 Likes

I say it’s in the planning stages now. The prime contracts will be expiring in the not to distant future. My guess is DCSA won’t offer a re-bid. Other Agencies already go straight to CI on work. These prime contracts are so big and the dollars sure aren’t funneled down to the BI. If anyone thinks there isn’t big money in these contracts, you’re delusional. Cutting the Vendor out would be the best move for everyone and the CI would make a lot more money comparable to a Fed. Think about it…

1 Like

Companies are bailing because DCSA is setting up for the change and not giving out work. DCSA said last year in that conference that they would only need approx 2000 CI’s outside of the Fed Force.

You’re applying to the wrong vacancies, then. You should be applying only to the vacancies that list “open to the public” and no special authorities if you do not qualify for those hiring authorities.

So you don’t know for a fact that contractors will be axed. Or do you?

The idea of contractors being managed by fed field supervisors has been around for a long time. If they are going to implement it, now is the time. The ‘vetting’ side of the house is going through realignment so that we are more congruous with the DSS side of the house. Now that the backlog is done and video interviewing is in almost full swing nationwide, this takes a lot of the pressure off; i.e. major realignment can occur without effecting timeliness of investigations.

1 Like

For a fact? No. Reading all the writing on the walls, listening to Insiders talk and looking at the internal growth of DCSA on usajobs AND the fact that Contractors are suffering and the prime contracts maturing in the very near future and other Agencies going direct with CI’s with no managing Vendor? Yes I’m saying the winds of change are starting to blow…

I’ve been around for a long time and NEVER have I heard the idea of Feds supervising contractors. Yeah I’m sure the SACs can’t wait. So this is all just academic. Maybe wishful thinking by some. I’m still waiting for something other than “agency sources”. And I believe it when I see it and will post that I was wrong.

It’s hard to believe a tangled network of independent contractors would be a steady and reliable work force able to handle the surge or backlog that will inevitably happen sometime in the future. There will probably be some sort of national event of espionage or violence in the future that will force us all into more “in depth” and “in person” work creating a backlog again. (DC shooter, Snowden, etc.) Contracting companies seem to be the best at cracking the whip and getting work completed quicker in the backlog situations that seem to run cycles.
My DCSA virtual interview is June 10. I’m on the West coast. Good luck to all.

I think that I’ve seen instances of federal employees supervising contractors but it is very unusual (in my experience) AND I’ve only seen this with very very small numbers of contractors. I can’t see how they could do it with any significant workforce.

The SACs were not happy with the idea and always push back every time it comes up. I have no idea if it is wishful thinking or not. I do know that the telephone and video interviewing is here to stay and that is going to change this game a lot.