Problem with References

Ed is correct. Even if spurious…it must be looked at, weighed and adjudicated. Don’t contact the ex. Just keep moving in life.

2 Likes

No, I never was cleared for any IC employment, and I finally gave up, once realizing that qualifications and education counted for nothing in the hiring processes.
No, my problem didn’t involve ex-spouses. I was single at the time, and had perfect police and credit records.
The problem involved several co-workers at a part-time casual job I had held while I was a student. Of course since the information was derogatory and was “developed” in nature, it counted about twelve times more heavily than any of the positive details elicited during the BI.

You still don’t seem to understand the process at all . . . Derogatory information isn’t offset by positive information and the fact that it was “developed” only matters if it looks like you were trying to hide it or otherwise should have reported and did not. At this point, I’m not talking specifically about you case.

In your case, the adjudicator determined that the “developed”, “derogatory” information was in fact, credible and disqualifying.

Remember, the standard for granting access to classified material and information.

I’m not trying to be harsh but to show others who are still going through or are just starting the process that they shouldn’t have the cynical view of someone who was denied.

Never give up. “Fight them on the beaches…etc” Simply let the BI complete and wait for an SOR. From there you know what needs be challenged. They will take with a grain of salt anything an ex spouse tells them because they could clearly have ill intent and an axe to grind. If others validated the info and not just her claim…then it gets more difficult to dispute.

“Cynical” puts it very mildly! lol

In a single word, “YES”!!