SF-86 References for SECRET

When filling out the SF-86, if you have very close, long-time friends that are cleared will that help the process? I mean, if you have 6 good character references/friends you could put on your form - and say 3 have TS-SCI Poly and 3 are uncleared normal folks, would you put the 3 cleared people? If you have 100 really close friends that are cleared you could put on there, is there any criteria that would help you choose one over the other?
Thanks

I dont think it helps.

Absolutely zero effect.

Doesn’t do you any good - especially if the relationships were in the distant (more than 6 years ago) past.

List people who know you collectively over the last 7 years - not the people you have only seen once or twice a year since 2011.

It has no affect…depending on your investigator, they may only interview 1-2 ppl from your E-Quip and do the rest from secondary references. It’s best that you put down people who would be willing to meet-up with the investigator regardless of clearance status. By having a reference that has gone through a BI, they could be more understanding of your situation and more willing to help.

Thank you for the advice. Luckily, I have a lot of people I know very well, that I’ve known for a very long time and that I am in constant contact with that have gone through the BI process and are cleared and would be glad to help.

Ya lucky you! :thinking: