Public Trust-High risk

Retired AF with Top Secret in 1998. New Public Trust-High Risk Investigation closed in Mar for government part time. What must I do to obtain or reactivate security clearance for overseas work?

A public trust investigation cannot be used to grant a security clearance. You would have to be in a position/sponsored for a clearance and and undergo a Tier 5.

1 Like

Marko is correct. One must be in a position requiring access to get eligibility granted. Now if you are remaining with the same company they can sometimes administratively realign your position with one requiring access. They can sponsor you. If successful you can remain or then apply for positions requiring clearances.