A total newbie here to this community, spent the past 2 days parsing through all the vast info threads , situations and solutions. I am seeking help and advice on an upcoming Clearance process, here are the details and situation, what I am trying to seek here is the right advice so I can go ahead with the process knowing all the associated risks .
- I have been offered a position with a DOD contractor which entails a Secret Clearance. My 3rd party background check has been completed as of 16th June 2019. So waiting to hear from HR , while completing the E-Quip application.
A) Employment History - I only put the position related employment history of past 7 years as requested in the company job application , but plan to list every employment I have had for the past 10 years. The question is will the FSO flag this discepency. Also to add, my latest employment ( which is what i listed on the company application after getting the offer) I have been providing pro-bono based work ,since January 2017. My income is supplemented through financial support from my family since January 2017 and my side gig driving for Lyft only since July 2018.
Employer references - All my current and past employers have indicated they will leave me a good review upon contacted.
B) Criminal background - No arrests , no warrants ever, totally clean criminal - free background. Had one non-moving violation for an expired tag 4 years ago, renewed tag and moved on, no charges or no tickets.
C) Never did any drug abuse.
D) Credit Score - Between 650 - 680 as seen on transunion and equifax .
I only have 3 accounts in collection ,
- 2 medical bills totalling of $1200 - I started making payments on it , $50 bucks on each account per month . Only made 2 payments so far since i started paying 2 months ago.
- 1 delinquent account of $500 - I plan to start paying $50 on this one too.
E) Spouse concerns - Spouse has a bad drug addiction , and has done a few stints in local county jail since 2013 and one prison sentence of 1 year starting last year all on charges related to drug use. However, I would like to mention, I have tried on several occasions to get the right help but so far have had limited success. In short, we are estranged, I love my spouse and strive everyday to see how I can help my spouse to overcome their addiction.
My queries are as follows
- Will the FSO flag my discrepency in the employment record
- Will I be able to get an Interrim clearance , because that’s all I need for starting work as to my current understanding.
- Finally, will I be able to get the DOD secret clearance
I have laid it out all here, members please weigh in with your helpful commentary.
looking to hear especially from Amberbunny. Thank you in advance.