Tech company fired me after denying my clearance

Hello Everyone,

I’m reaching out for your assistance and guidance, and I would greatly appreciate any insights you can offer. I dedicated over five years of my career to a technology company, where I was asked by my supervisor to obtain security clearance due to a shortage of cleared personnel. After investing two years in this endeavor, I was cleared. However, to my surprise, the company did not clear me and terminated my employment over the phone, citing ‘misrepresentation’ as the reason, without providing any further explanation.

I want to emphasize that I consistently ranked as one of the highest-performing employees and proudly served as a U.S. Veteran. Currently, I am actively seeking information on how to appeal their decision or obtain an update on the status of my security clearance. Regrettably, I have not received any written communication outlining the necessary steps in this process. Despite sending a letter to the company’s headquarters, I have yet to receive a response.

I am reaching out to seek advice on the best course of action to determine the status of my security clearance.

Thank you sincerely in advance,

Tanya

So you were granted a security clearance but the COMPANY did not “clear” you? Not sure what this means… they no longer wanted to employ you in that cleared position?

Apply to some other cleared jobs, maybe they can figure out if you can be cleared, but I think it will be very difficult for you to get any information without some kind of sponsor.

You own the clearance. That company is just holding it for you. If you get a cleared job with another employer, the clearance should get transferred to the new employer.