View from the otherside of the Background Investigator credentials

I have an interim clearance and have been working for almost three months, this is all just for my final clearence

Will do Cal thank you

either way, there’s no way they could think I was trying to hide being in the military from homeland security, clearly they would ask me about it, but I wasn’t in the military; I tried to join. and when they asked me about it I told them everything. But thanks

The question asks have you ever served in the US military. Many people who get uncharacteristically discharged from boot camp for various reasons pregnancy, injury, incompatibility, etc. don’t list this brief service because they have no expectation of creditable service or benefits like those who truly serve. I’ve had 30 years veterans of one service not list the 2 weeks of boot camp from an alternate service that they dropped out of because they were certain their decades long military record showed no service credit for the 2 weeks of navy boot camp they dropped out of before they went on to their 30 years of Army service.

yep. Yelled at me so loud the FSO came into the room to stop him from disturbing the rest of the floor. Subject left and never returned. He also had two minor misdemeanors expunged that he was mad we knew about.

1 Like

This post spoke to my soul. Currently, I’m working only DHS, and all of my subjects live on the US/Mexico border. I specifically ask the subject if every single listed reference or source speaks English, flat out telling the Subject that I do not speak Spanish, and if their neighbor/coworker/whomever only speaks Spanish, to let me know so I can locate a Spanish speaking investigator to contact them so their investigation isn’t delayed. They SWEAR their sources speak English. I even sometimes ask them to confirm they personally have spoken English with these people, saying that I realize that bilingual people living in border cities may not realize that someone else is not bilingual, so I need to know how to contact these people, if need be. They all say yup - definitely speak English. I call the person…. Zero English. :expressionless:

2 Likes

Sounds like they are just being caught off guard and may be using that as an excuse to not participate. Maybe make sure the subject is giving them a heads up?