Weird Interview - Questions if anyone has experienced this

So I am in process for a secret clearance for a dod contractor.
The interviewer contacted me by text message and made himself known and asked about coming to see me and schedule a time at work. This was fine as I have heard other coworkers state they experience the same…

Day of the in person interview the investigator failed to show he about 4 days later via voicemail (missed his call) and text that he had a mild heart attack the day of our scheduled interview… and asked to schedule it 4 days from the day of the message…
This alarmed me due to the fact that if you just had a heart attack I would be focused on my health and not necessarily work…

I agreed if he was up to it… He arrived at my job in a conference room showed his credentials and asked to verify mine… then he told me the interview would be recorded. He never asked if I agreed to being recorded he just started the interview…

He checked out from what I gather as legit I just don’t recall when I had a similar experience gaining high public trust the in person interview being recorded.

Is that legal?

1. I’ve made contact with subject via text as a last resort after I learn that the work number on their questionnaire is outdated, they don’t have their voice mail set up, their voice mail is full, they don’t return calls, etc.

2. I have not no-showed a subject but I have rescheduled interviews from my hospital bed - before the interview - in the wake of an unplanned medical issue.

3. An investigator, as far a I know, should never record an interview. Neither should a subject. However, I always assume that my subject is secretly recording the interview - I’m sure it happens - and never say anything that would put me or my organization in a bad position if made public.

Highly unusual. Interviews are never recorded. I might report to your security officer.

Did you see a recording device of any kind actively recording while your interview took place?

No he just stated it.

My interview was recorded, I had no choice. Is this legal?