Our Senior Editor @lindy.kyzer takes a look at the changes the Defense Security Service made to the SF86 on July 30th. The form will look largely the same, but there are a few significant changes security clearance applicants need to be aware of.
- Phone number field
- Marital status types
- Derivative citizenship (citizenship through birth)
- School – new link with assistance for determining address
- Question 21, mental health conditions
- Clarification on marijuana as an illegal/controlled substance
- Question 26 – added Chapter 12 bankruptcy
The good news is all of the changes are designed to make the form – which has been largely unchanged over the past decade – easier to fill out. Incomplete security clearance applications are still a major issue and one aspect of the myriad reasons for today’s epic delays in processing security clearance applications.
Read more about the latest changes to the SF86 - https://news.clearancejobs.com/2017/07/30/whats-new-sf86/