2 years Pending Adjudication

Hi there Rider25, did you eventually get answers? And what was the holdup? I am asking bcs I am in a similar situation.

@Emanoemano BTW, my clearance ended up coming in late November of 2019 totaling 3.5 years since submitting my initial paperwork.

@Emanoemano yes this did get cleared up. I eventually bugged our upper security leadership enough for them to realize that it was an actual issue. I finally found someone at my company with a relationship with the folks at the adjudication facilities. It ended up that someone at the adjudication facilities reviewing my file had improperly tagged me as either previously working for or having a close contact with someone that worked for the adjudication facility ultimately which could have resulted in a biased adjudication decision. This was not actually the case, but a mistake on their part. This was ongoing for so long that I believe it got pushed to the wayside at adjudications and it was hard to find someone over there that knew how to correct the issue. I tried everything mentioned in these blogs including contacting state representatives and I would say the best advice I would have to give is that if you work for a big enough company, there is someone there that has direct points of contact with adjudications and you need to find who that person is. At one point we had our VP of security involved, and it seems like a complete break in communication with how the entire process works. If you’re truly outside of the typical timeline for a secret (>1.5-2 yrs) stay persistent in bugging your security office; if you’re just now approaching a year, there probably isn’t an issue with your case, you’re just living in the wonderful process that is being used.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the advice!