Security clearance pending adjudication 2 years

Could I get a lawyer if my clearance pending adjudicatoin or could I do anything about it at all?
Please advise.

What do you believe an attorney would be able to do? Are you hoping to speed up the process or do you anticipate a denial and want to line up your appeal?

Yes I was wondering if we can speed up the process. It is been over two years why is it still pending. Why don’t they just give me a resolution already. I want to leave this company but I am hung on the pending clearance.

An attorney cannot speed the process up.

1 Like

Is there anyway to speed up the process?

Nope. Are you sure it’s in adjudication?

You can try asking your congress person to find the status. It won’t speed anything up, but at least you’d get some kind of status.

2 years is too long. You are probably not going to be cleared

Yes investigation closed on June 2022 and moved on to adjudication since.

But why they don’t just say that

My adjudication is pending since July, and it is on the secret level. What level is your clearance?

Mine also is at secret level. Time I submitted my eQip was Oct 2021. Investigation closed Jun 2022. Pending adjudication since.

It depends on your flags.

Yes, It is frustrating to wait that long for any job with no clear understanding of where things are going. I’d have no issue with extended wait times with a more or less clear implicit understanding that the outcome would be positive (ie “when”, rather than “if”), but no one can be sure of that. Yet, there are many important life decisions that could be dependent on whether or not one needs to pick up and move within an indeterminable amount of time. If that sounds a bit unfair, that’s because it is!

Is there a hope for a resolution? or taking so long means it is going to be denied

Your timeline is a little off since you said you completed the SF86 in 10/21, which means it’s been two years since your background investigation STARTED (which is more hopeful than it has been in adjudication for two years). When did you have your in person interview with the investigator? Who told you the investigation was closed in 6/22 and who told you it went to adjudication?

EQip submitted 10/21. I did my interview on 12/21.
According to my security officer investigation closed 06/22 and went straight to adjudication with no interim granted. I followed up again and they told me it’s in adjudication still today.

I wouldnt say so. IF there were enough grounds for denial, I’d think they would communicate that quite easily for everyone to move on, whereas positive outcomes require additional coordination and setting in motion other processes with regard to onboarding and all that. It would be interesting to hear feedback from others on how late the denial could possibly be. Personally, I’ve read many success stories on here involving ridiculously long timelines, but I am not recalling any negative decisions after extensive processing. Although there could be lack of data on that due to inherent limitations of self-reporting…

1 Like

What I’ve typically seen with long timelines in all my internet crawling are people will eventually do a congressional inquiry or have their security team/FSO request a status to help bring it up on their radar. Some people will get a LOI/SOR at that point, to clear up issues that are holding up their case, then they get a decision relatively soon after. Others don’t, it’s kind of a black hole.

1 Like

I think there could be two ways in taking care of long delay in adjudication: 1. Your FSO could put a request into the system for the status. My FSO did it for me before, and the feedback was that they were waiting for some information from another agency. 2. Ask your congressman to help for an update. Sometimes, they could put an request for a decision to be made in two weeks.