Adjudication time-out

So back on topic…been almost 3 years November, turned in an SOR in October 2017 and a reply to the first one in December 2017. My FSO has nothing for me on any of this. What should I do next. I don’t know if my sanity can last any longer my whole career is riding on this…so let it ride

have you retained counsel?

Having competent counsel representing you throughout the process improves your odds at retaining your clearance.

I haven’t , I think that would cost me an arm and a leg, I was thinking getting my congressman involved. Maybe? That an option.

I’d retain an attorney if I were you.

1 Like

Without actually looking at your SOR or financials that is the only advice I can offer.

I understand that retaining counsel is expensive - but so is losing your job… Right now DoD wants to essentially fire you. With that being said, you want the best defense possible; therefore, get a free consult with a local clearance attorney ( they are typically free) and they will be able to advise you better than anyone on this forum can.

2 Likes

Thanks for that…but what are the odds after having a clearance after having financial issues being resolved.

Every case has its own individual circumstances. What I can guarantee you is that the odds of keeping your clearance are better with an attorney.

1 Like

I don’t think 45 days since your SOR response is that unusual. I would think you are close to the end and to be patient. It’s not like it has been 6 months since you submitted SOR, it has barely been 60 days. Be patient.

1 Like