My JPAS Status has Remained in "Adjudication" for Over 90 Days

As the title states, I have been in “Adjudication” status for over 90 days. I submitted my SF-86 for a Secret at the end of Sept. 2016 and here we are October 2017 and I have yet to receive my clearance. I have never been asked for any additional information regarding my initial investigative phase and my Interview happened 6+ months ago… This is my first job out of college and I was really excited to work on the projects my contractor hired me for but at this point I could be fired at any time for not receiving a clearance.

I have tried to utilize the Freedom of Information Act to see if I can get any answers; however, I have not received any paperwork to date. No OPM departments will speak to me. I have contacted my Security Officer who has run into similar road blocks in the sense that no one will provide a status or reason as to why I have not been processed in 90 days.

I just wanted to make a difference for our men and women in uniform as my best friend is currently in the Navy and the projects I would support would directly impact individuals like herself. My family has supported the DoD for generations and no one else has ever had issues with the process to the extent I have.

I guess I’m just wondering if anyone is in a similar boat or if they have any useful advice? I think I’m going to have to use my last resort which is to write my Congress men and women…

Thanks for reading

Unfortunately, this isn’t an unusual case. I myself have been stuck in adjudication for a little over 4 months so far, and the only information I can get is that I am still pending adjudication. I’ve not been served a notice of intent or have seen any indication of complication, just silence.

Have you tried writing to your members of Congress? I just sent out letters today so hopefully that will get things moving… I will let you know if I have any success but I’m glad I’m not the only one experiencing this.
Thanks for our reply.

No, I have not. While I’ve waited for a long time just in adjudication, there’s been movement in terms of getting an actual posting and being assigned a manager. I figured that was indicative of it not being 100% “dead” so to say. But given how long it is just stewing in adjudication, I am considering contacting my congressperson or senator.

Well it’s reassuring to know that I’m not the only one in this position. Thanks you for the reply! I hope you receive your clearance soon.