Adjudication Timeframe

Anyone know how long the Adjudication process takes with the NSA?

Applied for Job Jan 2023
Completed SF-86 Feb 2023
investigation completed May 2023
Completed Polygraph and Psych. Evaluation July 2023
Does it go straight to Adjudicator straight after that?

Have you had your security interview? I believe it will be after all three (security interview, poly and psych) that’s when you go to adjudication.

Yes, I had the security Interview a month or so before Poly.

I had similar timeline like yours, and it took me (foreign naturalized citizen) to be cleared in 9 months.

Alright thanks alot for the responses. I hope end of this month to next month I should hear something. :crossed_fingers:t4:

Nope still waiting, well mine hasn’t been up to 9 months, just 7 months or so.

After your investigation is “complete” they send it to review. The reviewers often kick it back for corrections and elaborations or back into investigation. Reviewers can decide that your file needs more interviews with references or something like that.

You could be there right now and not yet officially in adjudication.

It seems like 9 months is average for NSA right now.

When do you have your psych eval? is it before or after adjudication? I have had my BI interview and Poly in April and May. The investigator told me he sent his report up in May. Do I have the Psych Eval after adjudication or before? I asked my sponsor and they told me after adjudication, but that doesn’t seem accurate.

Timeline so far
March - Equip
April - Poly
May -BI

Crickets

Thank you for responding , so I should be having the psych eval and medical prior to adjudication? Do I need to contact my security manager?

Yes per my CJO. I will be a contractor for a 3 letter agency overseas. My POC, who works for the same contract company, not my security manager, stated I would do my psych eval after adjudication. My BI/Fingerprints and Poly were completed in April and May. My CJO states I will have medical and psych evaluation. It doesn’t sound accurate? Shouldn’t I have psych and medical prior to adjudication? Thank you for responding. I am going nuts.

I did my SOR response all the way in March of 2023 and it is now November 6 of 2023 and my cas in diss has been at adjudication for 230 full days now. any one else wait this long for adjudication or know anything i can do? I’ve had my base IP send a status request on my case but no word back.

Have you had your Meeting before DOHA or the agency lawyers?

What organization is holding your clearance?

I’ve had mine going on for over a year with CIA and there is no movement and my lawyer was useless.

no but mines different im waiting to get it back after submiting a SOR etc.

You need to check on when or if you are getting your appearance at DOHA or otherwise. It’s unlikely you will be adjudicated after a denial without an appearance before the board.