Another Crazy Polygraph Experience

Hey all,

Just wanted to share the polygraph experience I had last month in hopes that it makes you all feel better about yours.

I am a recent grad who was being polygraphed for a 3 letter IC. This past year, I was an intern with a federal law enforcement agency and there was a shooting where several members of the team I worked with were killed. During my poly, I was told that I was having a reaction to a question (Can’t share which one) and the examiner unhooked me and said that oftentimes, the reason we may respond is due to our work history. She ashed me about my involvement with my internship and asked if anything traumatic occured while I was there. I shared and she asked for details several times. Each time she asked, I provided a more descriptive (and unfortunately gruesome) answer. She then asked me if I knew the shooter or helped the shooter commit the acts in any way. I was stunned. Long story short, I have my 2nd poly next week (my 6th overall). It sucks, but just do your best. Good luck y’all.