Another Poly Question

I will make a long story short. Took two IC CI polys in Northern Virginia. First day, I was told I had a significant reaction to two specific questions. I was told to come back the next day. When I begin day two, I was told I actually had three significant reactions. I “cleared” two of the issues but this new third issue I was not able to resolve. It would be just about impossible for me to have done what the question outlined but I am still concerned. She also asked if I would be willing to come back for a third if necessary. I assume this is also apart of the “game” but if it is not, how will not being able to clear a question impact my clearance process?

100% part of the game, they have to leave you fearful of the voodoo machine. For one of the agencies I took a FSP for, I was told something similar. He said I might have to have a follow up security interview, but that never happened. I’m sure you will be fine.

Yeah that is the way the poly’s go. I did a process near two years ago and got told I was “reacting” to a certain question (about drug use). I didn’t accept another poly appointment and looked for other work. I am back in the clearance process again and this time and the first time I took the poly they told me I was reacting to another question that I was “fine with” (not flagged) previously. I don’t think you need to worry much that you are getting these responses and I would suggest to keep going as long as they give you another invitation. It kind of serves as a weed-out process. It is also meant to be stressful / pressuring to see if there actually is any information that you are hiding.

I had to take 3 polys, so I wouldn’t worry about it.