Are You Experiencing Security Clearance Processing Delays?

Does anyone know what an adjudicator tasks are ?

From my understanding, the adjudicators review the results of your investigation and determine if you should or should not be given a clearance. Contacting your congressman should have no impact upon your adjudication.

1 Like

Then congressman what will help with? Thank you

How do I know what type of clearance I am going to have? I see there are so many
https://www.clearancejobsblog.com/background-investigation-costs-for-fy-2018/

Decided to come in and give my situation/experience so far with clearances. Im currently in adjudication for a TS/SCI w/ poly clearance after waiting a very long time:

Submit E-quip 4/2015
Polygraph 6/2015
Polygraph passed 8/2015
Background investigation complete 1/2016
Subject interview 5/2016
In Adjudication 7/2017

So im not sure what happened between my interview and the adjudication phase, but im assuming they needed to get more information from other contacts? Was told by my security officer they should hopefully have my clearance ready by the end of this month

1 Like

Depends on the agency sponsoring you and what was requested. Only you, I am afraid, can answer that. Go back an look at emails in the past. The names have changed so keep that in mind but they are still good for whatever they translated into. For instance, I submitted my equip while it was an SSBI for a TS. SSBI (Single Scope Background Investigation) is now a Tier 5 investigation.

Congressman will do you no good if you are in adjudication. The only thing you can do to figure out status (which you will hear the same thing) is contact your FSO and they will confirm whether or not your case is open. They only know so much so don’t expect to figure out where you are in line to be adjudicated.

This thread has been around a long time and there has been an answer to many questions asked. Take a look at what others have been going through and try answer some of your questions that way. This is a great community that shares the same interest as you, being cleared. All 800+ comments are worth the time to look at.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, I read most of them.I am pretty new to this forum and still trying to figure out how and where to look.

No worries :slight_smile: Head up and trust that this process will come to an end one way or another. Hopefully for the best!

Thank you, I hope it is coming soon.

I just called the local office and asked to speak with someone who might be able to help me out with OPM so I could get my clearance in a timely fashion. Congressmen hire a slew of folks to help out their constituency and I have always gotten great service from them.

wade

Just met my investigator for the last time I believe. He needed to interview 2 coworkers and he was done in about 25 minutes.

He stated that everything on his end in the investigation is done and it sounds like I will be placed into the adjudication line. So I will call the hotline in about a week or more to see if that is actually the case.

Timeline so far: I am 4 days away from my one year mark of submission of eQuip.

Does anybody know what agencies will do the clearance if applying for a job? I applied for some other federal jobs and the agencies did not do the clearance, they were looking for people already cleared. Also how long is available a TS clearance?

Hi, how did you login and complete the eQuip? I tried to see if I have a login in there with my SSN and it says that it looks like I do have initiated a login under my SSN, but I have no request number, how this Equip is working ?

PSIP will contact you. They will set it up to have you complete the eQuip.

I am confused.is this eQuip same as filing SF86? What can you find or what is eQuip? PSIP?

Yes, the eQUIP is an online version of the SF-86.

I sent SF86 papers back in spring 2015. do you think is an online version too put in the system by someone for me?bcs if I put my SSN is saying that does exist one but not done by me.also is another option to login with a request #.i dont have any.

Yes . . . I am . . .

I was cleared for DoD work from the summer of 2005 through the end of 2014 when I had been at a job that didn’t require clearance for 2 years. In 2005, I received an interim clearance in about three weeks and my final in about three months.

In June of 2016, I interviewed for a position with a subcontractor and needed to apply for a new clearance. My SF-86 and fingerprints were submitted on July 1, 2016. I knew there were some financial issues, I had been out of work several times in the previous ten years but I did my best to document everything that was going on.

In December 2016, I received a phone call indicating that my file had been sent to the wrong office for investigation. My potential employer is in Maryland so the file was sent there. My work location and home are in NJ so the file should have been sent there. The file was transferred and an investigator contacted me in February. I interviewed with her at the end of February and her report was complete in early March.

Again, I heard nothing until June 2017.

In June, I received an SOR. I wasn’t working at the time so I spent a full week gathering documentation and writing up a response to the SOR. I provided history for each item, related each to mitigating factors listed in the guidelines and wrote and edited the lengthy document. I decided to decline a hearing because I didn’t want to spend the money on a lawyer OR sit across from one by myself.

At the very end of August 2017, I received another package containing a FORM.

I again took a week to prepare an extensive document providing history, attachments, documentation and discussion of mitigating facts and everything else I could put in.

My congressman’s office tells me that the document was received on September 15, 2017 and should have been in the hands of a judge shortly after.

I have no idea how long I need to wait for adjudication.

This seem insane . . . I was 55 years old when I applied. I have survived in the economy and economic collapse of the last ten or twelve years. Things happen and I didn’t come out perfectly. Just like many, many, other people. It’s now pushing 16 months since my initial application.

I have, at various times, had my congressman’s office check in on the process for me. The fact that they have taken an interest was noted but appears to have made no difference in the speed with which this has been handled.

By the way . . . This isn’t about drug use or other criminal activity. This is about several SMALL financial issues and ONE larger financial issue that has actually been exacerbated by the delay in my clearance.

Wait . . . There’s a HOTLINE?

724 794 5612. Listen to the menu to get to a rep that can inform you on your status. Keep in mind, they will only tell you one of two things; 1) Clearance is pending (still going) or 2) it is closed (could be in adjudication, eligbility pending, etc).

1 Like