CAF asked for correction

I was granted Interim Secret Clearance, and few days back, CAF asked to correct something on a date of employment SF86 and resubmit.

Note: I did’t get a call from the investigator and I don’t believe my references were contacted yet.

Any idea where would my case be within the security clearance process ?

Have not heard of that before, seems like changes to the form have always been captured in the investigator’s notes and that was good enough.

At what stage does the process gets to the CAF?
I’ve submitted my SF 86 back in March 13 and got my Interim in the 20th of March. And nothing happened since that time… any idea ?

The CAF isn’t calling you to correct the 86. The CAF was renamed and is called the CAS.

Most likely it was your Security Manager calling to correct the error.

If something in your investigation flags (T3 or T4) or you are going through a T5 you’ll hear from an investigator. If not, your case will close at the investigation level and move on to adjudication. It will finish there rather quickly if there are no issues. VRoc issues the interim - if they didn’t close the adjudication phase, you probably have at least another month or two for adjudication to complete their review.

1 Like

I submitted my:

eQip back on March 13, 2023
fingerprints March 14, 2023
Interim Granted March 30, 2023
Ask to do correction for my Work Start Date May 5,2023

Radio silence since then.

No reference were contacted, no interview has been scheduled yet.

Is it within the normal timeline ?