Can you hold a public trust and secret from different agency’s?

I currently hold a public trust with a company doing business with Social security administration,I am a contractor. I recently got an offer for a part time position with an agency under DOD who will proceed with a secret clearance. I want to know if this will interfere with my current employer or public trust tier 4?

The way I understand it, you can have multiple investigations at the same time, but not multiple clearances at the same time. The secret is in investigation so that should be fine. But, be aware, if your secret investigation turns up something negative, then that can affect your current status. I’m not sure what way that would impact a public trust though since PT is technically not a clearance.

My public trust is what I hold,that was through a sf86 investigation. I was previously a contractor for the VA but later changed company’s and went to SSA. My question now is since I already filled a SF 86 previously 3 years ago will I be required to fill out another one? I do not want my current employer to be aware of this new job or clearance.

I think they will be able to see it in the system. But you’re not supposed to hide side gigs. You should report that. Not reporting that can actually cause issues with the clearance. You can say you’re just trying to get the clearance and don’t plan on actually taking the job (then change your mind later). IMO, if you feel you need to hide a side gig from your employer, then you maybe should think if you really want to work for that company. The secret clearance is probably worth way more, even if it’s part time.

How will this be an issue when my original public trust was conducted by another company. They just verified if I held a clearance. In the suitability letter they stated OPM may conduct investigations and SSA will adjudicate its over a year now and not heard anything. So what is wrong if if another company wants to conduct secret DOD investigations isn’t it better?if my role in the new job do not conflict my current role why report a side gig?

Actually I’m talking about the clearance you’re trying to get. Where I work (and this may not be true for SSA), we are told working other jobs during the same work hours is a no-no and all side gigs, unrelated or not, should be reported. Again, maybe this isn’t the case with the agency that will clear you. IC is much stricter than most.

Possibly but even if not, you probably should. Lots of things can change in 3 years.