Clearance reciprocity and giving notice

While waiting for your clearance to transfer between agencies (reciprocity process) should you give notice at your outgoing agency or wait until the process has concluded and then give notice? Don’t know what’s common or expected.

I would wait until you get the final notice. Anything can happen to include the new job being canceled. Wait until you get the final approval. I’m currently in that process right now. I’m not giving notice until I get a firm EOD.

1 Like