Confidentiality with Psychologist

So my situation is this: While going to a military technical school I was experiencing some anxiety and sought the assistance of a psychologist. That’s not a big deal, I took care of it and haven’t had an issue since. However, I disclosed to the psychologist that I had a sleepwalking episode and was concerned. He said not to worry about it and it probably shouldn’t reoccur, which it hasn’t. Since separating I’ve received my medical paperwork documenting everything, and as far as I can tell nothing even remotely suggests that this conversation happened with my psychologist.

I’m not looking to bury anything here, but according to doctor/patient confidentiality do I have to cover this? Should I be concerned with marking this down on an SF-86 even if it was a one time case that was considered a non-issue by the psychiatrist?

Also, I already considered posing these questions to the psychiatrist in question but he has long since retired.

You are only required to provide the dates, name and address of the doctor who treated you. You do not have to provide any other specifics, if required for the investigation then an investigator will verify the information and have the medical professional attest to whether or not the issue would prevent you from holding a position of trust or national security. That’s it!

You are only required to provide the dates, name and address of the doctor who treated you. You do not have to provide any other specifics, if required for the investigation then an investigator will verify the information and have the medical professional attest to whether or not the issue would prevent you from holding a position of trust or national security. That’s it!

Ahh gotcha. I just double checked the SF-86 and I see what you mean now. I guess the form has changed from when I had my first investigation.

So what’s your take on this, do I have anything to be concerned about or would you say I’m making a big issue out of nothing?

You’re definitely making a big issue out of nothing. Just list the information requested. Seriously not a big deal (as long as you disclose it- failure to disclose it would be a HUGE deal)…

Okay cool. Thanks a lot for the confidence, guys!