Counting DAYS to help prevent INSANITY!

I tried. Received the expedited letter, which led to subject interview soon after. Then, investigation is hung up ā€˜waiting for 3rd party recordā€™ since all the reference interviews was done back in Nov 17.

I feel ya! I had my expedited letter on December 26, 2017. I had two investigators contact me. I finally met with my investigator on January 9, 2018. Now I am just waiting!

1 Like

So somebody help on this if you are an investigator. I still try to wrap my head around what this ONE third-party records provider is that is hanging up my pending investigation. The caseworker (assuming OPM) told my congressman rep, who reached out to obtain the status for me on my case, that they have makes multiple attempts to follow up this record provider ā€¦ Are they going to wait on this forever?! I have been told pending on third-party record since January ā€¦ and it is April now ā€¦ I start going insane with who and what is this specific third-party record provider.

Will contact my investigator, who interviewed me, help? Can she/he tell what records are they waiting for?

You are still stuck in pending investigation because of third party record? Why dont you contact and see who is the third party and get the record by yourself and give it to them.

Donā€™t try to apply logic to this process. Besides they probably have to receive it through certain channels.

Iā€™ve often wondered how much of a priority agencies give to these requests. Youā€™d think theyā€™d act fairly quickly since it is more than likely theyā€™ll need the favor returned at some point. But clearly time is not a major factor in this process.

1 Like

Thought that I would do a check-in. Have anyone go insanity to reality yet? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am at 470 days/15.5 months for a TS/SCI - IC non-contractor. Nothing new. booooo.

1 Like

Does non-contractor mean that you are directly with an agency? Thatā€™s crazy long.

Yeah direct hire by agency. What is the typical timeline?

Geez, I wish to hell I knew. I assumed that direct agency hire would move quicker. I know one person who got cleared for TSI/SCI poly in a swift 4 months, two years ago. What a dream. Do you reach out to your recruiter from time to time?

1 Like

I would rather use the FOIA hotline rather the recruiter since you would want to bother the recruiter all the time (maybe every 3 months!?).

1 Like

Would the FOIA hotline be helpful if itā€™s not NBIB (but with an agency doing its own investigation?)

1 Like

No. NBIB FOIA hotline will only be able to answer in regards to their own agency investigations.

1 Like

I wonder if it has been a month since I spoke with my NBIB BI and he/she has submitted the information he/she collected up to the reviewer. Can I follow up with the BI to see where it as or would he/she be able to find out any helpful information? (not sure if NBIB BI has different access then contract BI)

I think once it moves up the chain the person below canā€™t really inquire about it. I had about 6 months of radio silence before I heard anything.

790 days and counting for TS.

Join the club. And hereā€™s the kicker they could say mmm no thanks, cya. So keep the faith

is that 21 months for TS?

Received my TS today after 1149 days.

eqip submitted - 4/15/15
interim secret granted - 7/7/15
background investigation completed - 10/28/2015
interrogatory received - 11/7/17
psych eval completed - 3/17/18
TS granted - 6/7/18

3 Likes