Credit Score, Increased Since Investigation, Re-pull?

DCSA nowdays, but the score does not determine the depth of the investigation. It provides the reader (normally an adjudication) additional information about the issue. The investigation’s coverage is basically the same when there is any financial issue present.

All three credit bureaus are pulled electronically and usually within a few days of your paperwork being submitted. It can be weeks or months between when your file was pulled and when you sit down with an investigator.

The investigator does not normally know your FICO score, and they don’t know much beyond derogatory information that showed up, which you will be questioned about.

For instance…if your credit reports shows on time payments (regardless of balance on the cards) and no collections, bankruptcies, charge offs, chances are your investigator is not even going to see your full report (this depends also on the agency). Your credit utilization is irrelevant as long as payments have been made on time.

1 Like

Question. When I had my BI interview last week, the investigator went over my two derogatory items via a document she had.

I am on a payment plan for both items to mitigate the concern and risks.

Does that mean my credit report was pulled? If so, it doesn’t show up that OPM or DoD completed a soft pull on my credit.

Thanks in advance

Yep, your credit report, from all three bureaus, was pulled. Depending on the agency, some Investigators will only receive a summarized message. Ie “discuss late account XYZ with Subject”

Other agencies will request/require that the investigator review the full credit report and discuss any irregularities.

I highly recommend that when filling out the forms folks pull their own reports, from all three bureaus. This eliminates you walking into an interview and being questioned about an issue you had no knowledge of. It could be something you rectified, or something that isn’t even yours. Being aware of it upfront makes it less stressful to discuss.

As for it now showing up as a soft pull, I have no idea why that is. Although I don’t always trust that every pull is reported in a timely manner.

@Sam2721
It depends where you look for it. Some banks and credit card companies offer free credit reports to their customers, but those tend to be very superficial and do not show majority of soft inquiries. If you request your information from actual credit agencies via annual credit report or something like that, then you’re more likely to see the full picture of all requests.

@SMCVA Thank you very much. Yes I did in fact pull my credit prior to the interview and had payment plans set up. Hopefully that’s enough to mitigate the guidelines.

1 Like

I pulled my Credit report recently and discover a inquiry was created a year ago by US Govt-ICCB- Centrum 4C-101.