When is the credit report pulled during a TS/SCI investigation?

It’s been 7 months since I completed my interview with the BI. This is not my first TS/SCI. I have a great credit score. I just want to have an idea when is the credit report pulled? Right before the clearance is adjudicated? Several months before? I don’t remember from my previous investigation when they did it. I remember seeing a Soft pulled with OPM named next to it. I work for DoD. When he interviewed me BI told me OPM was doing the investigations, not DoD.

Mine was pulled days after submitting my SF86.

2 Likes

If you did your interview already, it was already pulled. It usually happens around the time the form is submitted.

2 Likes

Thanks. I did not see anything on my 3 Credit reports, like in previous investigations. Maybe they’ll do it now without leaving a trail. I don’t have a problem with it. I’m just curious when the adjudication take place.

Maybe someone can answer a relevant question. If you have a credit freeze will that prevent the Investigators from getting your credit history?

I want to emphasize this freeze was placed by me and is one of those temporary ones credit agencies gave for free after all those security breaches happened last year. I have total control and can lift it when I want to apply for a loan or new credit card.

Thanks

If your credit is frozen, you will be asked to unfreeze it in order to continue the personnel security process.