DCSA current field work insight

Hello all. I’m hoping some current investigators / agents can provide a current insight on DCSA in reference to field work. From what I’ve gathered, most operations are still done via phone or video. Is this mandatory, or is it optional for the agent / investigator to conduct in-person interviews / field work / office use.

Also, has there been any recent discussion on overseas TDY returning?

Thank you all in advance for the replies.

In person is still voluntary but I know some offices haver most people back in the field. I highly doubt International will be returning, if it does, it will be so limited, most will never get an opportunity to go.

Thank you for responding. I’ve been interviewing and just wanted to get a better idea of what the day to day job is as of now. I know Covid has changed how some things are done.

DCSA field personnel have returned to normal operations for conducting background investigations. This means unless Covid community levels are high interviews are conducted in person and not through video or telephone.

1 Like

We are back in the field, business as usual. In fact we are actually doing more in person than we did prior to Covid. Basically they want all items done in person.

1 Like