The politicians in DC are still each pissing on their respective sides of the fence over the debt ceiling. I won’t be surprised if the “deadline” next week passes without resolution as each side will want to use it for perceived political advantage. Assuming that happens would I be accurate in assuming clearance processing will basically stop until the debt ceiling issues get resolved?
I presently have an SAP clearance in progress. Currently still internal to the company, but in a couple weeks I expect it to go to the customer for review. That’s the stage I’m concerned about.
I won’t be totally broken hearted if it is delayed. My daughter won a $10k college scholarship from my current employer and she loses it if I terminate before they mail the check. Having the clearance delayed by a few weeks would eliminate any need to negotiate on my start date for the new job.