Define 7 years

I am completing my sf86 and Section 22 asks you to go back 7 years. Is this 7 years, as in 7 years ago would be 1/08. Or is it 84 months, as in 4/08. I feel kind of slimy asking but I fulfilled a probation obligation 05/07/08. I’m sure you see where I’m going with this. My sf86 isn’t due until 21 days after my airport assessment which hasn’t been scheduled yet. Normally I would just answer and let the chips fall where they may…but I have read only answer what they ask…it’s a technicality, I know. Any input would be much appreciated.

You are required to disclose everything 7 years back from the day you sign the e-QIP certification saying everything is true to the best of your knowledge.

7 years- if you complete it in 04/15, you need to go back to 04/08. How would 7 years be 01/08?

Thank you. I understood 7 years to be 84 months but I wanted to make sure I was right. I wanted to make sure that when they are asking about 7 years ago, that are not referring to the entire year of 2008. I don’t want to inadvertently lie.

Thank you again.