Did ISN finally fold? What’s up with the rest?

Let’s go with your 2.5 points a day. An investigator with three years experience should not get the same amounts as someone who has been an investigator for 30 days. I’m trying to figure out what the argument here is. You made 4.5 points when? Work started slowing up in March. In April they had no work. I’m pretty sure that was prior to March right?

As I stated, I left on great times. I was there when everything went down and after. I was also extended the offer of coming back. I was also contacted to work on another contract of theirs. I’m not disgruntled but simply pointing out the facts. Brian made references to CACI ALL THE TIME! That’s why veterans were shocked when they went with Caci. Our SI condemned CACI the whole time. Just wondering what my motive would be to lie? Again I have a tenure in this business. I’m able to go back to ALL my vendors. Since you wanted to point that out. Hey, it’s ok to admit companies didn’t do everything they should have.

How can you get the job done with no cases. CACI didn’t even have any cases? I’m glad you are a cheerleader for them, but the truth is the truth. Think about it. Your points were 2.5 points a day to 4.5 as an associate investigator. Think about it. As a senior investigator it was 5 points a day. Does that mathematically make any sense to you. We are talking a $20k difference in pay. Good luck on your future endeavors

Well the whole SU thing you are referring to only applied during the GDIT days, but you should know that. After the CACI sign on, SU’s per day didn’t matter it was just DIP score. I had work from July to Oct, and then Dec until I gave my 2 week notice 7 Jan 2020. You were a Senior only doing 5 SU’s?! That wasn’t the expectation for sure. But, as you should know, it shouldn’t have to be said that an Associate had expectations of 2.5 to 4.5 SU per day with the newer Associates at the bottom of the scale working up to the top of the scale. Once working at the top of that scale and sustaining, after a year you were eligible for promotion where as the scale changed to 4.5 to 6.5 or something and then Senior went up from there. My Senior Mentor was knocking out 7.5 to 8 per day so not sure how you did what you did as a Senior. My DIP after moving to CACI was 5.7 days in process, not a typo.

You say you liked ISN but you are actually bashing their business model here with you comments. ISN put their people first. Every post on this forum has Investigators talking about the unrealistic expectations from CACI and Perspecta and the pressure to produce and ultimately the burnout. ISN didn’t do that and they’re bad for it? Lol. Enjoy whatever you are doing on all your multiple contracts. I’ll enjoy retirement and my additional income the VA provides…lol

Lol!!! So basically what I said about metrics is correct, it’s just that when CACi took over, there were no metrics. Is it that you didn’t like that I said it out loud that caused you to reply? Tell me if you were knocking out those numbers, what was the reason that you weren’t promoted? Or when you put in your resignation they promised you a raise and didn’t make good on it.

Reading is fundamental. I said a Senior was only required to make 5 points a day. That was a general statement. I was always above my numbers. Frequently made the top list. Why? Because with 15 years in, I knew 25 points a week was ridiculous. I absolutely did not like the model that Brian and Arvin came up with and voiced that. You know kind of like when I served in the military, I didn’t like a certain presidents military model, but I liked serving in the military. I’m simply telling the truth. Thanks for the well wishes. :wink:was the retirement thing a dig? Like a large portion of contract investigators, we all get checks from the government but enjoy.

1 Like

This is common sense but I wasn’t
promoted because that was all out in hold after GDIT divorce but being with ISN, you should know that. I left because the work was drying up and no promises from one week until the next If work would be available and switched, like everyone, to variably hourly. But you should know all that. Sorry the ISN model of taking care of the employee first didn’t bode well for you. Their model is still the best and their current situation has nothing to do with their business plan. But again, you should know that. Enjoy all you other contract work! You still sound like a very disgruntled former employee lol…

So I’m wondering how could you possibly know they are the best in the business if you were only in the field for 1-2 years and never worked for anyone else? Or did you make that all up. I think you did.:joy: Or are you going off of someone else’s experiences instead of your own.

S/N I personally had no issues making my metrics with USIS or Keypoint. I’m glad that you can see past their flaws and still be a cheerleader. It’s also okay for me to call it out and still like the people who worked there. As Brian stated, they needed you to stay on board so they could get other contracts. Of course they had to take care of their employees. They didn’t want us all to walk. That came right out of the horses mouth btw. But, I will be the disgruntled employee if that’s what you want to call it. But one thing I didn’t do is lie on them. I mean it was great to get paid for basically six months without doing work.:man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Normally I just sit back and read the posts. ISN was a great company when they were great. They did take care of us by paying us. But we went down to only get to bill 1 hour so I don’t know where defender was getting all the work. But let me tell my story and not use names. I was hired in 2018, and did great. My mentor was good and my team lead helped me a lot. I was promised a raise that was also put on hold. Another vendor hired me, and so I put my resignation in. The leadership who will remain nameless asked me to stay and offered me a promotion. This was during the gdit divorce. I said yes. I never got my raise, never got my other position at the other company and I was laid off from isn. So that’s how they took care of me. Needed me to count in their numbers but knew I would never get that raise

1 Like

You’re right. I never worked anywhere else, didn’t need to. My Mentor came from USIS, went to CACI, left CACI to work for ISN and told me the stories and said he’d never work anywhere else. I spent years in the AF working with FI’s from CACI, Keypoint, who were employees and CI’s. I’ve read all the countless blogs on this site and BI’s complaining about the big Vendors and their “suck you dry” approach. I applied to all the Vendors when retiring from the AF and was given offers from Keypoint, CACI, SCSI and ISN. I chose ISN because of their feedback and never regretted it. As far as work, yes my work was reduced but never stopped. My AOR has work that never stopped and still does. I left because of the uncertainty from one week to the next and the fact no one knew if work would keep flowing. Had the VA not happened, I would still be working with ISN as they now turn work back to CACI in my area for lack of coverage here now. I’ll stand behind ISN. Great company that offered transparency, good pay, far less stress then what I heard coming from other FI’s out there. They put employees ahead of huge profit and still do with the work they still manage to get. If the Industry turns around and becomes steady, I’s entertain going back to ISN and Brian, Arvin, Chris and Kama all know that. Best of luck to whatever you’re doing these days. #teamisn

1 Like

Well, FWIW, CACI declared this past week that they are (still) #1 in the DCSA quarterly rankings. What does that mean? Who knows? Got a “spit” (not even a spurt) of work assigned after that announcement. Funny, Perspecta never talks about either being #2 or trying to get to #1 (at least not to BIs in the field). I have no idea what promises/lies are being made to SCIS employees. Stay safe everyone.

ISN is no more as of 2 July 2020…

1 Like

So with ISN folding. How does that work for CACI? Aren’t they supposed to have a sub? :thinking:

ISN folded because CACI couldn’t provide any work to them. Technically, ISN is still on another contract but no longer with CACI on DCSA contract. So ISN isn’t totally mothballed yet…

Yeah I heard that was the reason. Just like GDIT didn’t give them any work. We know ISN has other contracts. I know you’re team ISN, but this time it wasn’t about them. I wanted to know how that’ll work for CACI if they are supposed to have a sub. They’ve burned a lot of bridges with the others that I know of. So this will be interesting

CACI phrased the change (to the field) as “they are no longer giving any work to subs” = a good thing for CACI BIs. Who knows if the contract allows for NOT giving work (supposed to be 10% to a sub) if there isn’t enough work (below a certain threshold?). I wonder if Perspecta is giving 1Force any work?

I already know the answer to that. Not really

Yes I am pro ISN. Not blaming CACI. There wasn’t enough work to go around. CACI trying to hold their Staff together but can’t give them all work so the Subs are in trouble. ISN voluntarily pulled out and maybe that helps with CACI and the requirement to have a Sub. The good days are over, for awhile anyway…

I received an email today from ISN stating that they are hiring investigators for the DCSA, CBP and ICE contracts

So did I. Independent Contractors nationwide. They must have something new in the works…

I received the same email last week and I’m f/t. They had my email address from when I applied with them a few years ago. Someone told me they need resumes to show as part the proposal discussed in the email.

2 Likes

I did as well. They need resumes in order to bid on the upcoming contracts