Disposable Rant (Nicely) Room

double07

I believe you are right about the area. Neither CACI nor KGS have any full timers in my area and probably could only estimate the projected work load. I averaged 1800 - 2000 miles a month and would be very comfortable with the same area as I had with USIS. Considering I was told by both CACI & KGS that they take excessive travel time into calculating stats, I should perform well enough to get some bonus money.

My application were submitted over two weeks ago and I had been speaking to recruiters all last week, so I think my timing did not play a role in the low offers.

Ā 

Ā 

For those who donā€™t know, we can use Fleet auto until 9/30. My TL said no way to severance package. In lieu of such, we can use cell phone until 9/30/14 as well. TL really said that, no joke.

Thanks USIS. You will always be my employer of choice.

Dear All,

In case we did not make it clear in our messaging, KeyPoint has not changed our $4,000 sign-on bonus. I also want to apologize to all of you who are waiting for a call back and promise you will be reached. The response has been overwhelming and we are hiring as fast as we can to get everyone back to work now. The best route is to come to an open house where we are making offers on the spot. If that is not geographically convenient, apply through our website so we can track your interest through to offer. If you still need your path cleared, email me directly at eric.hess@keypoint.us.com

BTW, thanks to those who tried to upgrade my vehicle this morning, but as some of you know, I drive a Jeep and love it.

Best,

• e

Hello Mr. Hess,

There was a statement made earlier about OPM waiving the requirement of credentials having to be turned back in to USIS before being reissued back out to us through the new hiring companies. Do you know anything about this?

This is the first time I post but I have been following this site for two weeks! I want to say thank you to the people who run this website because it kept me informed and I can safely say due to one particular post it set the course for the future.

Yes I am a USIS Investigator and have been for nearly 14 years. I will miss my co-workers and friends at this company. I wish them nothing but the best. It has been very difficult since August 6th but at least we now have an answer and we can move forward.

Good luck to all of you former and soon to be former USIS Investigators.

@ warrior, where you headed?

@erichess, what do you mean someone tried to upgrade your vehicle?

@reginv, Iā€™m not sure who you had as a TL and sorry if you were unhappy but I for one would love to have my same TL over at CACI if that were possible! My TL was a co-worker at first and then was promoted to TL. We would have get togethers for coffee and social events. My TL really did care about me and about us, the employees. I feel like many of the caring TLā€™s received a bad rap through all this because they didnā€™t provide us any updates or information. What if they didnā€™t get any information to begin with to pass down? You can only provide the info from that which is passed down to you. Hope the same argument isnā€™t made about FIā€™s being hired next!

@ninjaturtle

makinalivin @ at 0628 hrs posted an open letter to Hess finishing up with the statement:

ā€œYou are indeed in an enviable position, the driverā€™s seat of a 2015 Benz, amigo.ā€

Btw, Hessā€™s words were very encouraging and he and KGS have one of those rare opportunities to help thousands of good, hardworking men and women from USIS, who will never forget that he and KGS were there for them when they were down and out-- if he carries through on what he says.

@warrior

Sad to read your words. I was expecting you to finish it off with a message to USIS management ala William Holdenā€™s line in in Stalag 17 when he was escaping.

I hope all the decent and honorable USIS investigators come out all right, if not in a better position. And I hope there will be good changes coming to the background investigation process.

Does anyone know what the new Federal Investigative Standards in 10/2014 entail?

<b>Aghhhh but itā€™s not over!!! The third contractor to return on the OPM contract will be announced soon! Great company and great to have them back! Hands down better than either of the others two as I have worked for all. Hold on itā€™s about to get crazier!! Welcome to the Hunger Games!! Lol</b>

Now Iā€™m curious fatlady as Iā€™ve worked for all three too. Canā€™t wait to hear who it is.

Ok fat lady didnā€™t sing,

Ā 

Iā€™m taking the baitā€¦who are you referring to and what company is coming on the contract?

I think fatlady is referring to FCiFederal. No? Yep, interesting times indeed!

Pinkerton?

Didnā€™t Omniplex used to have a piece and dropped out the game years ago? They brought over a former KGS Program Manager recently.

I donā€™t know if OPM has the capability of bringing on a new player mid-contractā€¦ It is an intriguing idea.

I believe the third contractor will be Omniplex (Omnisec). I use to work for them years ago and recently have been contacted by two different recruiters regarding my qualifications. Their recruiters are also active on LinkedIn now. Like I said this is NFL Free Agency.

@ ningaturtle and @warriorā€¦thank you for your kind words. I miss my coworkers too. I am devastated over all of this and it is hard to see so many dedicated people hurt. I absolutely agree with your comments on the TL. They can only share if info is shared with them. My TL was top notch, a true professional, and his future employer will benefit from both his vast experience and management style. I also extend best wishes to all USIS employees.

@erichess, Mr. Hess, I understand that Keypoint is matching or increasing the salaries of former USIS employees plus offering a sign-on bonus. Unfortunately, independent contractors coming from USIS are taking a pretty big pay cut. I was hoping Keypoint would at least match USIS contractor rates, especially since you are saving a bundle by not having to provide benefits, pay mileage, or provide a printer and supplies. Keypointā€™s rates for independent contractors have not increased at all for the past several years while expenses have continued to rise. Iā€™m hoping for a rate increase in the near future, but unfortunately now with USIS gone and CACI no longer using ICs, it doesnā€™t look good for us.

We should tally up who has signed on with who. I was heavily leaning toward Keypoint but recently now feeling a move to CACI is best for me. Iā€™ll make a decision today and go with it.

FYI:

Ā 

OMNIPLEX JOB FAIR

Northern Virginia
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATORS

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2014
10:00 am ā€“ 4:00 pm
OMNIPLEX World Services Corporation, a leading provider of innovative investigative solutions, will be conducting on the spot interviews with experienced and qualified individuals for immediate opportunities on our prestigious background investigations contracts! Only applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be eligible to be considered and interviewed for the opportunity. Please bring a copy of your resume with you to the job fair.

JOB FAIR LOCATION:

OMNIPLEX World Services Corporation

14151 Park Meadow Drive

Suite 300Chantilly, VA 20151
eirecruit@omniplex.com

A member from our Recruiting team will be in contact with you!

http://www.wtop.com/41/3698640/Security-clearance-contractor-to-lose-govt-work

This paragraph from the story was interesting:

ā€œAn internal OPM email sent to other federal agencies Tuesday and obtained by The Associated Press said all cases that were pending with USIS would be redistributed to government investigators and the USIS contract would be awarded to a new contractor.ā€