Disposable Rant (Nicely) Room

I think our forum troll is back. Hope this thread won’t be taken down too.

I hope CACI and KGS truly do have the ability to smartly grow their workforces to fill the void. And I hope the Feds step up hiring. I think we are all in for a wild ride. Don’t forget the new Federal Investigative Standards take effect 10/1.

@double07

Welcome to the cold, hard truth. There are few rules other than be honest with others and yourself. You are correct! CACI eliminated 4K sign-on bonus. Why would they ever promote such nonsense when they have 2000+ applicants?

@Contractor

You will never be able to join cold, hard truth when you say things like OPM is going to have a hiring frenzy? That’s being in la-la land.

So makinalivin…where have you landed?

I’ve heard that Keypoint and CACI are not matching USIS compensation while expecting greater quantity . I am not comfortable to go to an employer who would kick a man when he is down.

What a difference a few days makes. Wasn’t it as recent as last week that they were beating salaries and giving bonuses?

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were talking to each other and coordinating their hiring. Pretty sure they have an informal agreement in place to not hire each other’s employees (evidenced by the fact that the numerous - more than ten- fully qualified people I know trying to move from one to the other never even got interviews).

@makinalivin: where have you landed? Or are you not landing at all?

@ ninjaturtle

PT CACI; 1099 KPGS. Hopefully all will work out.

Makinalivin … What is WPD expectation for PT CACI?

Just out of curiosity, what metric did USIS use to judge your productivity and what was considered to be good?

6 WTPD smoking good

Sweet! I made it to CACI too!

fedagent

Productivity was WTPD but I never got a solid answer as to what expectations were, even during the annual performance rating. No matter what you did, they always said it was just short of expectations. They also did not take into consideration how many hours one would spend traveling. There were 3 of us that lived within 5 miles of each other and I put on almost 10,000 more miles a year than either of them and they only had the company car while I have other cars that I would use for personal stuff. Obviously I was getting assignments farther out than either of them.

For those choosing CACI over Keypoint can you please tell me what went into your decision in choosing them, because to me the total package offer with Keypoint seems stronger.

One disturbing thing about CACI - according to some of the posts, they hired USIS TLs as CACI TLs. So you are going to have the same incompetent, insensitive company trolls in charge. Why would CACI hire some of the management team that are responsible for the poor working conditions at USIS? What’s next USIS RDs & VPs?

I chose CACI based of the history of the company. I talked to a lot of management personnel and field investigators and their personal testimonies sounded a lot better than those I know at Keypoint. CACI’s presentation was much better than Keypoint. Keypoint took some info over the phone and the next day called me with a verbal offer and gave me 48 hours to respond. With USIS out of the picture I believe that contract percentage will no longer be a problem for either company. But these are just my reasons. I can tell you what the hiring process is long. Even after you sign your offer letter its about 2-3 weeks as I am going thru the process now and I received my offer Aug 13th. So if you guys are just applying for the first time you may not hit the field until late Oct or early Nov.

REGINV

I dont know how true that is about hiring USIS TL’s I know on one of the telecoms they stated that their plan was not to hire people directly into management positions. But I guess that can change based on the needs and your area.

@double07

Two of my Linked in connections who were USIS TL’s in the DC area updated their Linked In profile last week indicating they were now TL’s or the equivalent at CACI.

double07

I only went off what I have seen on these forums.

I see very little difference between the two and have based my decision mostly on the money. CACI offer is $4100 less than my current and Keypoint is matching my current. Keypoint says I will work local but CACI says I may have to travel up to 2 hrs one way. I am not a high paid investigator and my stats meet Sr Inv level and was disappointed with the CACI offer. I appealed for a higher level with both initial offers. Both recruiters referred it to the regional management and Keypoint came back with a better offer while CACI remained the same.

Either company will be better than what we have now.

REGINV

I guess it all depends on your location and when you applied. My offer from CACI was about 4K more than what I was making with USIS. I was told in my area we should not have to drive more than 30 miles one way, which is about the same we did with USIS. I spoke with a CACI investigator in my area and he said he averages about 750 miles a month. I know for a fact Keypoint drives more than that on a monthly basis. Just like you I am high performer who should have been promoted to SR Inv along time ago but because of the tenure of my coworkers I was always promised I was next but it never happened.