Disposable Rant (Nicely) Room

Not that I’m terribly dissappointed but we can all blame Mixon, Calamia, and Tillery for this debacle. If the dumping and defrauding OPM didn’t happen from 2008 to 2011, then I truly believe that this security breach would have been a little hiccup.

I met Mixon on one occasion after I completed my Training at Grove City, PA…I remember having the impression of how creepy and dishonest he appeared from his demeanor. He truly didn’t care about this company nor did his executives whom have rode off into the sunset with their millions of dollars of bonuses and their new CEO jobs way before all of this dumping was discovered. It goes to show you how the greed and corruption of just a few bad men can impact the thousands left scrambling for jobs now at a USIS. Careers will be destroyed and peoples finances will be negatively affected. I guarantee that.

As an FI, Id like to have a moment with Bill and his cronies and Randy Dobbs and Sharon Rowland’s and tell them what a disgrace they are to the human race with their dishonesty and poor ethics. They all obviously slept through their business ethics course for their MBA’s. I hope one day they pay for this. It’s an end of an era and I’m afraid we are all jumping to more profit vs. national security as long as this type of work is contracted out by OPM.

OK Guys, I’m glad I found everyone. Here’s the latest news. OPM will not renew the contract with USIS.

http://www.newser.com/article/46f389761a7947288cc049cbc14aae67/opm-plans-to-end-contract-with-usis-after-cyberattack-hit-major-security-clearance-contractor.html

The word came down late Tuesday night. I bet everyone is running scared and will start looking for a new job. I hope everyone in this forum has found employment. I believe that sharing information really helped us get into the right start.

Please spread the word.

I wish everyone at usis the best. I will sign my offer in the am and move on from this mess. I gave this company 9 years of blood sweat and tears and I have to find out we’re done from the media instead of our own company. I deeply suspect leadership knew this all along.

There’s gotta be many former INV’s thinking to themselves right now: “Karma is a real biyotch!” LOL! The term “toxic” was an understatement in regards to the environment that USIS foisted on their workforce for so long. That one word is all that is needed on the USIS epitaph! Let’s just hope that the Karma continues and catches up with the likes of Mixon, Dobbs, Calamia, etc.

“Too big to fail” my a**! OPM just did us all a BIG favor. May not seem like it now, but eventually I hope most can see it that way, be thankful for it and wonder why it did not happen sooner instead of later! Hope a lot of lessons are learned here and not repeated ever again in this field.

As of 45 minutes ago, at least some USIS employees in my area were not aware they were out of a job. Let’s see how much lower USIS can stoop.

I really do hope Mixon and the rest of the corrupt crooked bunch end up in orange jumpsuits. They seriously deserve to have all their assets seized and made to pay back every penny they stole from the tax payers.

I for one want to leave this profession completely. I have recently been to two job interviews with the state for investigator positions. Sad to say that in their eyes, our investigative experience is pretty much either irrelevant or looked down upon. Here’s to an 01A.

Best of luck to everyone.

@cacukgsis, i love the 01A reference! Sad too that so many held out for so long. Is anyone on here near the Hampton Roads, VA area? Perhaps we could meet up at a location!

TO: Mr. Eric Hess, CEO, KPGS

I know you follow this Blog. Congrats! KPGS and you will profit greatly from this announcement. Today, you will receive over 2,000 applications for employment. Just know, KPGS can be very selective who they want from USIS and where you want them located. Some have inflated salaries and egos to match, some do not. Take your time. These FI’s are not going anywhere but the unemployment line or their neighborhood Target department store for employment.

You are indeed in an enviable position, the driver’s seat of a 2015 Benz, amigo.

Good luck to all.

Just something to pass on to everyone. I wonder how well this company vetted Mixon

http://www.nsm-seating.com/william-mixon-national-seating-mobilitys-new-president/

@formerinv

Mixon just fine, pulling down 250k/year. USIS is the last thing on his mind. Ancient history, bro

@formerinv…good question to raise on Twitter…a little exposure never hurts

@enough

You sound like a disgruntled former employee already. Let it go. You really think Twitter going to get Mixon indicted/fired? The dude is a shark and a smart one at that. Move on. CACI needs you.

@makinalivin. But your previous post insinuated I was stupid for not leaving USIS sooner and that now competitors would not offer decent compensation. So why would I go to CACI and why would they want someone so stupid ?

@enough

Touche! Great attention to detail. You may be management potential @ CACI.

FYI, our corporate cards have been suspended for sometime now. The only reason I know that is I almost inadvertently used my corporate card at McDonalds as it looks just like my debit card. Fortunately, McDonald’s told me my card was declined at which time I realized it was my corporate card. I’m sure USIS did not want its employees using the corporate card and then quitting.

I have a couple of colleagues who were still holding out thinking that USIS would recover. I feel sorry for them now. I am looking forward to working for Key Point. I hope that everyone else finds work soon. Best wishes.

Well, now that USIS no longer exists, I see CACI and KGS aren’t hiring in my area at all. KGS seems like it’s only hiring contractors and part timers in certain areas. Why pay benefits when you have all the power?

@cacugsis:

Welcome to the cold, hard, truth. Thank you for joining.

It looks like CACI has removed all the ads about a signing bonus. Omniplex recruiters have began to reach out. This will be crazier than NFL free agency.

Regarding Mixon,

What is wrong with businesses today, in that they hire such people who have no demonstrated experience in the field of that business? This new company he’s at, what does it have to do with background investigations? How can somebody properly helm a business when they have not put in their time and come up through the ranks and really learned the business inside and out?

Can’t even begin to count the times I can remember new upper management with USIS saying something to the tune of: “I’ve never done background investigations before, but this seems really interesting!” Say what?! How in the H*ll can you properly (and justifiably) lead me and my co-workers when you’re admitting you don’t know jack about what we do?!