Does working off the books denie you ts?

GREETINGS,

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF SSBI CHECK. THEY WERE TIMES DURING COLLEGE FOR ABT 4 YEARS I WORKED PART TIME AND FULL TIME OFF THE BOOK TO PAY FOR MY SCHOOL. WOULD THAT DISQUALIFY ME FOR TS?

It could if you were earning money illegitimately and did not pay taxes on it. Of course it is up to the employer to provide you a 1099 showing the amount made. A lot depends on how much money was made, how and for whom.

Thanks for your response mr marko. it was mostly part-time over the weekends and fulltime during the summer recess; it was a minimum wage paying job and I used all of that income toward my college tuition.

Sounds like you need to list that employment on the form along with a verifier because it may come up with others sources who knew about the work.

i sure will. my question was i am just curious to know that if someone works off the books technically is going against federal laws. would that be a DQ?

Technically you are supposed to pay taxes on all income, but will it disqualify you from getting a clearance. Probably not! However, if the IRS were to do an audit they would most certainly hit you with a penalty.